Question on Mark Morton's MM1 vs Production Model MM1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Mark Morton's MM1 vs Production Model MM1

Would anyone happen to know what the differences are on these guitars? I am new to the site and was just curious if anyone knew. I tried to run a search but couldn't come up with anything. I saw the new LOG DVD and it looked like his final build had an unfinished neck. It was probably made in the US custom shop. Just wondering how close the specs really are if anyone knows. It would seem to be priced much higher if it was exactly like Morton's. Does the fact that it's an import alone make it more affordable or do they actually sub parts in and out? Thanks for your input.

I don't know if the specs are exactly the same as Mark's, but all the parts on the production model are quality. Building it in Japan keeps the price down, but then, a US production model would still be cheaper than Mark's since his is a Custom Shop guitar
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Mark's are Custom Shop, have oiled necks, and I believe they're solid mahogany and quite heavy, compared to the chambered body of the import. Also, Mark's have real MOP inlays and not MOTO like the import. The import is a great guitar, and I love mine.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The real Morton is also chambered. Read it in Guitar World.

Comment

Yeah - The weight of the Guitar was one thing I was thinking might be different. I have also read that his guitar has a chambered body but something about the wood must be different on the imports. I have the Kevin Bond Import sig and it's the lightest guitar I've ever felt, almost too light. Its much different than the RR1's Ive played. I do realize it's different wood Mahoghany vs Alder but I would have thought that Mahoghany was heavier or at least on par. I'm assuming with the chambered body and the import Mahoghany on the MM1 a strong breeze may send it out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Mass Defect View Post
            The real Morton is also chambered. Read it in Guitar World.
            Not the first one. He must have had it changed on later ones he had. I thought I read him him saying it was pretty heavy. I also believe Brian McDonald from Jackson stated here that it was heavy.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Winterjp1234 View Post
              I'm assuming with the chambered body and the import Mahoghany on the MM1 a strong breeze may send it out the window.
              Your assumption would be completely inaccurate.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I also read mark saying his was chambered, but it is a very solid guitar jacksons best bang for the buck IMO. killer guitar.

Comment

Working...
                X