Martriden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martriden

I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of Martriden, but if you are into melodic death/black metal with subtle keyboards, check them out. They had posted a bulletin on MySpace looking for venue recommendations in some cities along their tour route, so I suggested one where my band has played many times, and they asked us to do the show with them. It was a typical Monday night turnout (poor) but they put on a top-notch performance. They have a self-released EP and a full-length on Candlelight Records, so I bought the latter and am extremely impressed. For a band that seemingly nobody knows about, they are as good as or better than most of the newer bands in the genre.

One of the guitarists was playing a nice trans black Soloist through a 5150, and the other guy was playing a Gibson Explorer through an Engl of some kind. Very nice tone.
    sigpic

Yes, I learned about them from the UM board. Bought both their releases and IMO "The Unsettling Dark" is one of the best albums released this year so far. Great stuff and the production is nothing short of amazing.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
    X