Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US metal Unsung Guitar Heroes(derek frigo/josh ramos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TommyD View Post
    > Savage,if I was a woman I'd give you HEAD for finally,after 20 years,giving me a name to go along with this solo.

Back when I was a freshman in high school,I had to go to summer school. During a 2 day stretch where the teacher was absent,I found a tape in the desk vacated by the teacher that had several songs on it by a band I still haven't found a name for,along with this solo.

Needless to say,I pilfered it,and never regretted it. The tape had no writing on it,and luckily was recorded on a Maxell XLII-S blank,so it was great quality. The other side had typical 80's pop music on it.

I've had the thing memorized since then,and even learned the intro riff along with a couple other parts,and had pretty much accepted that I would NEVER find out who it was. The tape was lost in a house fire 10 years ago,and also accepted I'd never hear it again.

I had a volume from this set that had a Shawn Lane solo on it called Stratosphere,along with a tune by Ramos/Frigo Firing Squad.

The only thing I remember about the songs on the tape I stole was one of the songs was called No Time For You,or something close to that. The only lyric I can remember is "I got no time for you",the song had a cool riff too.

Someone know the song I'm talking about? I'd love to get a CD copy of this.

Dude,I cannot thank you enough. Tommy D.
    Man!,..Yes!,..I know that song!!! I think it was just called "No Time" and the chorus of the song had that real catchy "I Got No Time for you!" that repeated between the cool guitar riff several times in the song.
    I had that first U.S. Metal album but have no idea what happened to it. I think it got melted in the attic of my parents house in Oklahoma. I remember I recorded it on to a cassette tape, with scratches, pops and skips from the album that you can hear on the cassette. I still have that cassette somewhere here where I live now in Maine but hell if I know where it is!!,..Damn!, That brings back some memories!!,...I would love to have that first U.S. Metal album on CD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
      Man!,..Yes!,..I know that song!!! I think it was just called "No Time" and the chorus of the song had that real catchy "I Got No Time for you!" that repeated between the cool guitar riff several times in the song.
      I had that first U.S. Metal album but have no idea what happened to it. I think it got melted in the attic of my parents house in Oklahoma. I remember I recorded it on to a cassette tape, with scratches, pops and skips from the album that you can hear on the cassette. I still have that cassette somewhere here where I live now in Maine but hell if I know where it is!!,..Damn!, That brings back some memories!!,...I would love to have that first U.S. Metal album on CD!!!
      yeah i wonder why mike varney never remastered them on disc????
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
      X