Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US metal Unsung Guitar Heroes(derek frigo/josh ramos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US metal Unsung Guitar Heroes(derek frigo/josh ramos)

Anyone ever hear derek frigo/josh ramos on this shrapnel record from the early 80's?
    I have been looking for a download of the song that derek frigo/josh played on(i think it was called "waiting for the show"?) and have had no luck these guys were only 15/16 when they played on it and smoked!
    anyone know about this and where i can download it or just listen to it?
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Me and you both. Anxiously looking forward to the responses in this thread.

Frigo was such a flashy badass.

Comment

Originally posted by tortfeaser View Post
      Me and you both. Anxiously looking forward to the responses in this thread.

Frigo was such a flashy badass.
      I had VOL I and II on vinyl years ago and i just remembered another real cool player who did a solo called "the snake" greg strong!
      take a listen
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkskzDk8N0g fuckin cool!
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I still have those US Metal LP's. Gonna have to break e'm out and give 'em a listen now that I've listened to the Greg Strong tune.

Wish I could help you Savage.
        I don't know the first thing as to how I'd download vinyl to my computer, otherwise I'd get that song for ya'.

Good luck.
        G.

Comment

I have been following Ramos since the late 80's. I thought his work on The Storm albums was good, but you could tell he was holding back. His stuff with Kevin C. is pretty good as well. I have always liked his playing. He is one of the top 5 in my listening catalog. I need to hit ebay and cd trade post, amazon and find some more of his stuff.
          Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Here is one for ya from Josh:

The purest AOR expression in the talent of Josh Ramos,Mark Weitz,Russ Greene, Atma Anur, Scott Snyder and keyboardist Michael T. Ross with the guest apperan...
            Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

> Savage,if I was a woman I'd give you HEAD for finally,after 20 years,giving me a name to go along with this solo.

Back when I was a freshman in high school,I had to go to summer school. During a 2 day stretch where the teacher was absent,I found a tape in the desk vacated by the teacher that had several songs on it by a band I still haven't found a name for,along with this solo.

Needless to say,I pilfered it,and never regretted it. The tape had no writing on it,and luckily was recorded on a Maxell XLII-S blank,so it was great quality. The other side had typical 80's pop music on it.

I've had the thing memorized since then,and even learned the intro riff along with a couple other parts,and had pretty much accepted that I would NEVER find out who it was. The tape was lost in a house fire 10 years ago,and also accepted I'd never hear it again.

I had a volume from this set that had a Shawn Lane solo on it called Stratosphere,along with a tune by Ramos/Frigo Firing Squad.

The only thing I remember about the songs on the tape I stole was one of the songs was called No Time For You,or something close to that. The only lyric I can remember is "I got no time for you",the song had a cool riff too.

Someone know the song I'm talking about? I'd love to get a CD copy of this.

Dude,I cannot thank you enough. Tommy D.
              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

the band derek and josh were in was named LEMANS and the tune was "waiting for the show"
                unfortunately there is no youtube or anything that has it.
                tommyD, glad to hear this thread helped you find out your age old mystery of that untitled solo

Ginsonic, unfortunately there is no way to download vinyl to computer
                it has to be transfered to tape then agian to disc i believe?
                and that is too much to ask of you or anyone but
                take a listen to that track by them and let me know if it smokes as much as it did back in 81?

Comment

> There is indeed a way to record from an analog turntable if on vinyl,or cassette,to CD or a hard drive,but not sure exactly how it works. I know it's possible though,because a buddy is a budding house DJ and does it at least monthly.

If I'm not mistaken,you have to run out of the back of a DJ mixer to do it. Tommy D.
                  "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

i record from vinyl to computer all the time? Just plug your turntable into any standard mixing board then out into the back of your computer. In fact if i'm not mistaken there may be / are a number of soundcards with phono inputs these days. All you need is something with a phono in and the ability to send sound out again. I've even used an old video adapter for a home cinema system before.
                    Last edited by sonicsamurai; 08-03-2008, 03:37 AM.

Comment

TommyD, cool story, isn't it mind blowing when you finally put a name to that damn tune.

Record Vinyl
                      Turntable --> Preamp ---> Soundcard - some decent wave editing software - Adobe Audition, Soundforge ect... watch your levels and Record Away!

Comment

You can't kill the metal.
                        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Lemans - I had a forgettable tape by them.

Comment

Originally posted by GinSonic View Post
                            I still have those US Metal LP's. Gonna have to break e'm out and give 'em a listen now that I've listened to the Greg Strong tune.

Wish I could help you Savage.
                            I don't know the first thing as to how I'd download vinyl to my computer, otherwise I'd get that song for ya'.

Good luck.
                            G.
                            Here you go!

GM,
                            www.aftershok.com

Comment

> I found On The Streets at a metal record shop (Metal Mayhem) that advertises on Gemm.com. The reference number is GML855825079. Listed at 23.10,in stock as of Febuary this year,don't imagine it's moved.

It may be hard to get good search results for this band,there is a popular Spanish band by the same name. Tommy D.

Comment

Working...
                              X