Queensryche - Scarborough Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Refuge Denied and Into The Mirror Black were the Sanctuary albums. There's supposedly an Into The Mirror Live album floating around with Jeff Loomis on guitar.

Battle Angels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoe8a-jAV9o

Future Tense http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1nPK...eature=related

Dave Mustaine discovered them, produced Refuged Denied and even played a guitar solo on their cover of Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit. In the early '90s, since they were from Seattle, one of the old guitar players and the drummer wanted to get into the whole grunge thing, but Warrel and bass player Jim Sheppard wanted to stay metal. They wound up getting Jeff Loomis for their last 6 months together, but one of the old guitar players had the rights to the name Sanctuary, so Warrel, Jim and Jeff formed Nevermore.

Thanks Toe, I'll pick one up !
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Refuge Denied and Into The Mirror Black were the Sanctuary albums. There's supposedly an Into The Mirror Live album floating around with Jeff Loomis on guitar.

Battle Angels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoe8a-jAV9o

Future Tense http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1nPK...eature=related

Dave Mustaine discovered them, produced Refuged Denied and even played a guitar solo on their cover of Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit. In the early '90s, since they were from Seattle, one of the old guitar players and the drummer wanted to get into the whole grunge thing, but Warrel and bass player Jim Sheppard wanted to stay metal. They wound up getting Jeff Loomis for their last 6 months together, but one of the old guitar players had the rights to the name Sanctuary, so Warrel, Jim and Jeff formed Nevermore.
      I had both of those. Sold them because of a g-friend (a LOT of 80's stuff actually...). I never could find them after that...

Comment

I've got Refuge on cassette... can't recall ever seeing it anywhere on CD. ITMB I do have on CD, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
          There's a guy out of here in San Antonio that can do pretty much any Queensryche spot on. I even fooled several friends with a live recording of him and passed it off as Tate just to screw with them. His tribute band is called Mindcrime and they're based out of Houston TX. Here are a view vids of the prog metal band Power Of Omens that he used to front. I wish I had some vids of him doing the Ryche gig.

A video from my old prog metal band, Power of Omens - As Winter Falls, Self-Produced video from the "Rooms of Anguish" CD Released 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnkYb...eature=related
          Is that the same guy who was in Z-Lot-Z? I've got a couple of their discs and I thought I was told by a guy that I used to know that Z-Lot-Z actually performed Queensryche material under the name Mindcrime. You think that's the case?
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
            Is that the same guy who was in Z-Lot-Z? I've got a couple of their discs and I thought I was told by a guy that I used to know that Z-Lot-Z actually performed Queensryche material under the name Mindcrime. You think that's the case?
            I don't know if he was in ZlotZ or not. His name is Chris Salinas. I've only known him since he was in Power Of Omens and he hired me to do a couple gigs running sound.
            My Toys:
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
            '94 Dinky HX in Black
            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I actually just heard that for the first time recently. I was thinking at first "What the hell is this" then it kinda progressed real well and I was impressed.

Comment

Oh as Joe knows. Pat O'Brien was in both Lethal and Nevermore.

Jeff Loomis worked with Pamela Moore ( Sister Mary) on her album..just another QR connection.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  Jeff Loomis worked with Pamela Moore ( Sister Mary) on her album..just another QR connection.
                  Alright Bill, I have to admit. The fact that you knew that actually impressed me (I didn't know that!).

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

The Simon & Garfunkel version is still way better.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Well this show looked like alot of fun ...more fun that I ever seen..

Nevermore w/ Chris Broderick on rythm geetar..in '03http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPmO56jmN_c

Getting kids into S & G only like NM can..ya gotta love that!!

I saw this tour but Cleveland didn't have the spirit that clip revealed..

Oh..-E thanks dude, I'm a diehard NM disciple...they've been my fave since '96!!!

Warrel worships Paul Simon...worships!!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

but coming back to the song, you should listen to the Myth version of the song (pre-queensryche Geoff Tate, Michael Kelly) this is more a Crimson Glory double bass version of Scarborough Fair which I like a lot more than the later Queensryche version

Comment

Heir Apparent did a cool version of Sound of Silence on their cd One Small Voice, since we're talkin' S&G songs. Shortly after Empire came out, Queensryche released a limited collection in this album sized box. Thats where I first heard the Scarborough Fair cover. It also came with a shirt, a pendant and 3 or 4 cd's with rare songs. Pretty cool. I may hafta dig it out and see what other songs are in there.
                          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X