No announcement yet.

Jake E. Lee's equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the AH pickup is a JB with an Alnico II magnet?

I'm sure a search on the Duncan forum can find something.

FWIW, the JB get's me close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      I have to agree with ya, the JB is very close. All this talk about Jake's equipment has me perplexed, cause I'm finding out minute details about his equipment than I ever would have thought.
      I'd like to build a more accurate replica of his "Whitie" someday soon, and I'm making notes about his other guitars as well, so this thread is helping me out immensely. I really appreciate everyone time and help.
      I'd like to know more about the Holdsworth strat and Holdsworth pickup if anyone has details or specs to post on here.

Once we have that out of the way, I'd like to have a list of the guitars that Jake used during the Ozzy/Badlands era.
      Perhaps listed in great detail, like a picture of each with a caption containing the specs for each guitar.

Probably be easier to register on JEL.com but atleast the info would be here for us all to see and appreciate, and use for future reference.

It would be cool to do this type of thing for other noteworthy artists as well. I really get into this type of thing and it's hard to compile info and pics together in one place.

Anyway thank to all that have read this and offered their time and help, you guys rock!!!
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm,.....Maybe I shouldn't have sold my`82 Marshall JCM 800 100watt head?,....It did sound pretty good!,....Damn!!!
        Alway thought that Jake used a modded Super Lead with a Boss OD-1.
        Maybe that was with Badlands.

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
          Hmmmmmmmmm,.....Maybe I shouldn't have sold my`82 Marshall JCM 800 100watt head?,....It did sound pretty good!,....Damn!!!
          Alway thought that Jake used a modded Super Lead with a Boss OD-1.
          Maybe that was with Badlands.
          Badlands
          • White Charvel/Fender Stratocaster (used on the majority of Badlands recordings and live performances)
          • DiMarzio SDS1 single coil pickups (always)
          • Seymour Duncan Alan Holdsworth prototype humbucker (used early on, but replaced with a JB)
          • Seymour Duncan JB humbucker
          • Boss OD-1 Overdrive (Live: Level on maximum, Overdrive on 7 o'clock) (Studio: Level on maximum, Overdrive varied between 8 and 12 o'clock)
          • Pete Cornish 25db Linear Boost set to 10db (for solos)
          • Uni-Vibe
          • Crybaby Wah
          • '68 Marshall Plexi (warmer, bluesy sound)
          • '69 Marshall Plexi (edgier, more metallic sound)
          • Old Marshall JTM45 (combination of the other two - dirty, but smooth)
          • Older steel-handled Marshall 4x12 with 4 ElectroVoice EVM12L speakers
          • Roland JC-120 - cleaner parts
          • "Whiskey Dust" - Jerry Jones guitar (Lipstick pickups)
          • "3 Day Funk" - 1962 Gibson SG/TV (P90 pickup)
          • "Silver Horses" - White Charvel/Fender Stratocaster, Unicorn Chorus)
          • "Streets Cry Freedom" - Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
          • "Ball & Chain" - Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I thought that was the Warren D Pickup?
            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

what is with the tuners on that red Charvel he has in the pic above?

they stick like way high up off the edge of the hs.... ?
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I'm not really sure. That's a good observation there. I'd say that the tuners are too big, either that or the headstock was cut smaller and it is creating the illusion that it's all in the tuners. Hard to say really, but I gotta say that I love that guitar though.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                  Badlands
                  • White Charvel/Fender Stratocaster (used on the majority of Badlands recordings and live performances)
                  • DiMarzio SDS1 single coil pickups (always)
                  • Seymour Duncan Alan Holdsworth prototype humbucker (used early on, but replaced with a JB)
                  • Seymour Duncan JB humbucker
                  • Boss OD-1 Overdrive (Live: Level on maximum, Overdrive on 7 o'clock) (Studio: Level on maximum, Overdrive varied between 8 and 12 o'clock)
                  • Pete Cornish 25db Linear Boost set to 10db (for solos)
                  • Uni-Vibe
                  • Crybaby Wah
                  • '68 Marshall Plexi (warmer, bluesy sound)
                  • '69 Marshall Plexi (edgier, more metallic sound)
                  • Old Marshall JTM45 (combination of the other two - dirty, but smooth)
                  • Older steel-handled Marshall 4x12 with 4 ElectroVoice EVM12L speakers
                  • Roland JC-120 - cleaner parts
                  • "Whiskey Dust" - Jerry Jones guitar (Lipstick pickups)
                  • "3 Day Funk" - 1962 Gibson SG/TV (P90 pickup)
                  • "Silver Horses" - White Charvel/Fender Stratocaster, Unicorn Chorus)
                  • "Streets Cry Freedom" - Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
                  • "Ball & Chain" - Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
                  Cool!!,..Thanks for that info., BTW, I just got an Ampeg VL-1002 (Lee Jackson desiged) and I don't miss the Marshall one bit!! The VL-1002 Kicks some major Ass!!!

Comment

What about the Jackson Strats he had while in Badlands? Ralph here owned two of them, I believe. One was a natural alder, I think, and the other was gold. I can't find pics at the moment.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm sure a search on the Duncan forum can find something.

As far as I know it had an Alnico 5 mag but it did have two sets of adjustable poles on both pickup coils. Instead of one set and the studs like on the JB.

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
                        As far as I know it had an Alnico 5 mag but it did have two sets of adjustable poles on both pickup coils. Instead of one set and the studs like on the JB.
                        found this....
                        Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.
                        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
                        X