Motley Crue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motley Crue!

Caught them again last night - the Crue always know how to put on a great show! And, if you've been to one, you know what I mean.

Vince sounded good, seemed pumped. Nicky was a little lost in the mix, but seemed to on top of his game. Tommy was solid all-around - he's a mo-fo behind the skins. And he had a bass drum in his kit that was bigger than he was! He's gotta chill with the imitation "home boy" routine, though. Puhlease dude.

Mick just kicked ass. The dude's not a flashy soloist-type player. But he just drives some of the coolest riffs. It's like blues on steroids. His live tone was pretty good, too.

Buckcherry was pretty good, too. Unfortunately, we got there late, and missed the other bands.

What guitars was Mick using? I have seen them before waaaaay back in the day with Warrant. It was a great show!

Comment

He's used a few custom shop Fender strats - all with 70s-style big heads, H-S-H with Floyds. At least one was relic'd to death.

And, yeah, Crue was one of the first shows I ever saw back in the 'day. They opened for Ozzy that tour.

Comment

Great to hear they're still doing well. I went to see them on the Red WHite and Crue tour in 2005 and with Aerosmith in 2006. I'm itching to see them again soon....for sure one of my favorite bands, ever since I was in like 4th grade. I agree that Mick is one solid, underrated guitarist. He's always great live....as is the whole band , as long as Vince isn't smashed and missing words. Thankfully, I've never been to a show yet where that has happened...although I've only seen them 4 times. Mick always has that Soldano SLO plugged in.....which is good stuff. I'm still obsessed with mine after three years.

Comment

Keith Nelson and Stevie D from Buckcherry and great guys and top notch players.
          Got to meet them a while back and they are just like you and I. Big gear whores.LOL
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Good to see the crue still rockin'

Can't wait till they come down under

Haven't seen them before so I'm hangin for it

Comment

that huge bass drum Tommy has got now is crazy. biggest bass drum I've ever seen by anyone in rock.

and I agree, great drummer, but the whole wigger thing he has going on now is really lame.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

it's big (32") and it's sounds incredible... it moves so much air making it sound really massive and powerful... the best kick drum sound there is right now... gotta have strong legs to play it specially when the beater rod is so long.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  gotta have strong legs to play it specially when the beater rod is so long.
                  never considered that aspect, but Tommy probably plays it w/ his gigantic trouser snake.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I wish I had a long beater rod :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by thebeggar View Post
                      I wish I had a long beater rod :ROTF:
                      It's a pain in the ass. I always have to use the kiddie toilet since it sits lower.

Comment

Lost count of how many times I've seen the Crue. 1st time was 2nd row center during the Shout At The Devil tour opening for some guy named Ozzy Osbourne.

I saw them twice on the last Carnival of Sins tour with the huge tent stage and chicks flying around. Both times were great, some of the best shows I've ever seen. I think Mick gets better on guitar the older he gets.

Do they have an all new stage setup and show? Do they still have breaks so Mick can go sit down for a few minutes?

Comment

Yeah, the stage was completely different than the Carnival tour. No strippers nor midgets, either. :lol

The new one's a cool set-up, nonetheless, though. They had big "Hollywood"-ish sign letters behind them, only they said "Los Angeles" and were backwards. Lots of pyro and film on the screens. Typical Crue-like theatre.

And, yeah, there were a few breaks during the show. A Tommy "Tit E. Cam" film, and then the real thing. Little breaks here and there. Mick looked in damn good shape for himself, though. He actually moved around a fair bit, and seemed to be having a good time. Seems like his health was in a good phase.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                            never considered that aspect, but Tommy probably plays it w/ his gigantic trouser snake.
                            maybe? he steers boats with it:ROTF:
                            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I saw them back in 83. Shout tour. Was an outdoor fest. Was Ratt, Accept, Quiet Riot, Crue, night ranger, OZZy and Triumph.. What a great day! All for $19.95!!!!

Crue pretty much ruled that day.. I saw them again on theater of pain too. Alittle rough on that one..

Yeah, mick is very underrated.. It really bugs him too.. Pretty much sticks with the strats now..
                              Tommy is like a trend following teenager.. But he can bash skins. Back in 83, he was playing more one handed than most do with both.. (he was holding an alternating stick in the air with every beat..)

Thanks for the info on the show!

Comment

Working...
                              X