Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAUL GILBERT any fans here?

anyone else here like PG's playing?
    Last edited by savage; 09-06-2008, 08:39 AM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Originally posted by savage View Post
    ...got my right hand blazing...
    heh
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
      heh
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

If I had a "favorite" player, it would be Paul.
        -Chris

Comment

Paul is the man. There's no one better in my book. I love his latest cd.
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

*Looks around*

*Raises hand*

I certainly enjoy Paul's playing. Scarified is my most listened to song (135 plays). Possibly because it's only 2:40 long so I listen to it like 3 times in a row.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I've been learning and jamming on Silence followed by a deafening roar (album) for months now, he just knows how to write a great, great, GREAT tune with a facemeltingly awesome guitarsolo to boot!
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Love PG and his sense of humour.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

PG is awesome - it's the ability to mix shred guitar with great pop melodies that I love. My wife loves his music as well, and that's a big endorsement cos she hates guitar-wank music...
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Hey, here I´m, since RacerX era till now.
                    Current gear:
                    Les paul Studio
                    Les paul Standard
                    SG 61´reissue
                    N2
                    Fusion Pro
                    Diezel Einstein 50 head
                    Mesa rectifier 2x12 cabinet
                    Brunetti dual cab 2x12

Comment

technical difficulties is cool too.
                      -Bruno

Comment

He kicked ass on G3!

Comment

One of the nicest guys around too! At NAMM this year i went up to him
                          having a thin folder with me, of my brother in laws Jem lucite, and his 1988 pink 550 and his white JEM WV77. When i showed him the pic, i
                          said "Hey paul, since Vai doesnt care to be here, could YOU sign these
                          Vai signature Jems for my Bro'?" He laughed, and said..."Vai doesnt care
                          about NAMM!"....Vai doesnt care about Ibanez"...(of course he does, but)
                          And Vai's too busy to meet his fans" !! He laughed again, and signed
                          my pic of all three guitars together... Certainly didnt need to take the 2 minutes to bother with me, and my request, but he did, and then shook
                          my hand and said..."Keep on practicing"! A cooler guy, there isnt!!

Comment

His website gets funnier every time I view it because he always adds all this random stuff that just happens to be hilarious.

My favourite is still this:

Edit: and this if you get it:

"Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                              His website gets funnier every time I view it because he always adds all this random stuff that just happens to be hilarious.

My favourite is still this:

Edit: and this if you get it:

http://www.paulgilbert.com/Sentences.html
                              Amir Derakh and Glenn Hughes are kinda stretching it - WTF verb does Derakh translate into?
                              And how exactly does one "Hugh"?

As for the opening post - why would you ever expect to find Paul Gilbert fans on a website devoted to guitars that came to prominence during a time when that level of technical ability was something to strive for? :ROTF:
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X