PAUL GILBERT any fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Amir Derakh and Glenn Hughes are kinda stretching it - WTF verb does Derakh translate into?
    And how exactly does one "Hugh"?
    Glenn hews. As in to hew.

Amir Derakh I have no idea about.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I think it is safe to say that "anyone else here like PG's playing?" is like, the most pointless question ever Who doesn't?

Comment

Uhh..Yelp!

Comment

Love his playing!
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

See here
            Amir Derahk = I'm here to rock

Oh yeah, I love PG's playing and humor.

Comment

Doh!
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

If you look hard enough pretty sure you'll find a couple of fans around here.....couple of THOUSAND fans. PG is an incredible player.

I like the vid he does jamming with his uncle? in a house. His uncle can play pretty good, shitloads better than myself, but when Gilbert kicks in you realise that he is on a completely different level. Great stuff

Comment

Been a fan for over 20 years now! Great player, songwriter, and sense of humor.

thebeggar - what video? I've been curious to hear anything from the album he did with his Uncle. It's supposed to be bluesy.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Paul is amazing.

But if he didn't have those freakishly long fingers, he'd probably be stuck playing rythym guitar in a Wham! cover band.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Love PG.

Few years back he came to a Thoroughbred Music's event and was doing his demo stuff with some bg drums, bass and what not. When he finished he was answering the typical questions and some smart ass kid asked him to play the intro from Mr. Big's "Green Tinted Sixties Mind" with a smurk to his buds like "here! I got him!".
                      PG said ok, that's a tough one, here it goes!...... like the freaking record was playing it. Unbefuckinglivable.

Next!!
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I rate Paul Gilbert as perhaps the most gifted guitar player on the planet. He's also a fantastic teacher.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I only recently 'discovered' Paul. Great guitar player, great teacher, great personality. He's playing here in Denmark at the end of the month and I have tickets!

Comment

Check at what he does at 2:27

PG demonstrates how he works up to playing those insane string skipping licks.

I think we have a winner of the "Look what I can do conest"

Comment

having met both vai and gilbert...

gilbert is THE MAN! vai is a bit... detached from the world, least to say. still cool though (oh and his guitars are ghost built.. if you lot didnt know that already. played evo and it doesnt feel or weigh ANYTHING like an off the wall jem).
                              but gilbert, is so cool. great to talk to, signed all my stuff (which was a lot of stuff), shook my hand and said thank you for checking the gig out o.O .. took a lot of pics with the fans and took his time with everybody.
                              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                                (oh and his guitars are ghost built.. if you lot didnt know that already. played evo and it doesnt feel or weigh ANYTHING like an off the wall jem).
                                yeah... they are made by some custom shop luthier/company in US if I remember correctly
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X