Becker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becker

I had read about this sometime before but never actually saw it. Not sure what's scarier, Becker breaking out the yo-yo while ripping with his left hand or the spandex with the "Let's Get Physical" looking sock/legwarmers and the high tops.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

He says on his website that a movie is in devlopment about his life and that Fender and Charvel were going to make guitars for the movie and were planning to release some to the public. I couldn't tell if that was up to date or not. Anybody know if that project is still on the table at Fender/Charvel? His myspace mentioned a Peavey sig that fell through and then something from Paradise Guitars in the works.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

I am to Becker as Bill is to Loomis.

As of right now, the only guitar that is in the works is that paradise guitar, he's designing the headstock and some other cool features. The Peavey guitar never happened, he said he even did a photoshoot with them and then they just ignored him.

You might enjoy this video of him, if you liked that solo. No Yo-Yo, but it's still insane!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There's also a pedal in the works which is going to be modeling his tone off the Perpetual Burn Album, you can see Rusty Cooley demo it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP4teUMmdkU
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

If any of the proceeds actually go to Jason, then I'll probably buy that pedal assuming they release it for sale. I could use a distortion pedal

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
        ...You might enjoy this video of him, if you liked that solo. No Yo-Yo, but it's still insane!

This solo kinda lost me... i dunno.

Too many notes?

I respect the playing, but wasn't involved, as the listener.

And NOT as the listener who tries to play guitar, and is jealous or anything.

If you can did that feeling.
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
          This solo kinda lost me... i dunno.

Too many notes?

I respect the playing, but wasn't involved, as the listener.

And NOT as the listener who tries to play guitar, and is jealous or anything.

If you can did that feeling.
          Fair enough..

This more your style?

The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

No doubt, absolute killer guitar playing.
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

I love Jason Becker. Me, my wife and son watched an entire series on youtube how his dad developed a way he can talk with his eyes like the alphabet. Seeing him smile during that ..that was even more inspirational than his incredible playing. It actually brought tears to my eyes. He's still writing music..he's one amazing guy!!!!

I'd always wondered about all the great music we missed on because of his condition...and it hit him when he got the biggest break in his career. The playing he did with Dave is sick..not many talk about that stuff.

Hail Jason!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

He was just so fuckin' good....

Comment

Jason is the man...I regard him as the greatest
                  Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Yep my favorite shredder of them all. He did not just play notes he made fantastic music as well.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Life is certainly not fair sometimes.
                      While the whole situation makes me angry at times because he didn't even got started, sorta like Randy Rhoads. I mean that dude could have been huge.
                      It is so inspirational as well. A LOT of people have given up with a heck of a lot more than him and yet he always had something cool to say.
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Jason's amazing! I've listened to him since before I got my Jackson (2 years ago) because I remember listening to "Sword of the Warrior" while researching guitars that I wanted to get.

This is and always has been my favourite video of him mainly because sweeps are fun to watch.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Will buy that pedal, or two! if proceeds go to Jason

Get Well SOON Bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                            He says on his website that a movie is in devlopment about his life and that Fender and Charvel were going to make guitars for the movie and were planning to release some to the public. I couldn't tell if that was up to date or not. Anybody know if that project is still on the table at Fender/Charvel? His myspace mentioned a Peavey sig that fell through and then something from Paradise Guitars in the works.
                            This guitar he owned with the colored pickups, knobs and numbers on the fingerboard was a Peavey. Too bad they didn't make it a sig model. Jackson made a prototype replica of that guitar a few years back, but just the one. I think Hippie Tim owned the Jackson, but I can't find pics of it at the moment.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              This guitar he owned with the colored pickups, knobs and numbers on the fingerboard was a Peavey. Too bad they didn't make it a sig model. Jackson made a prototype replica of that guitar a few years back, but just the one. I think Hippie Tim owned the Jackson, but I can't find pics of it at the moment.
                              Yup, peavey gave him the shaft.

I thought I had a picture of that Jackson guitar on my computer, guess I don't.

I do have this though.

Comment

Working...
                              X