Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of Schenker... UFO still has it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Schenker... UFO still has it....

Vinnie Moore sure has done nicely with the band...

Been pissy with Moore since I met him. But, I have to say UFO is still sounding good. Singer fucking still has the tone.... Niiiice......

2005 Live/Studio Version from UFO "Lights out" album/CD.Phil Mogg(Vocals)Vinnie Moore(Guitar)Pete Way(Bass) ( RIP )Paul Raymond(Keyboards) ( RIP )Jason Bonha...

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
    Been pissy with Moore since I met him.
    Why's that?
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

He was somewhat of a dick to me when we met up at a solo show of his.

We talked a bit and I asked if he was going to play anything off his first CD and he scoffed at me. I remarked that it was that particular CD that put him on the map and got airplay on the metal stations. And that many of the people there that night were yelling for Minds Eye material. He didn't like that too much and dissed me quite well for bringing it to his attention.

I'm told he's a nice guy. He just didn't wanna hear "that" I guess, haha... Truth hurts. His solo shit went south and now he's playing in an old rock band with 60 year olds.

I've heard much worse bands tho, that singer still sounds just right... And vinnie has a tasty sound.

Comment

He was somewhat of a dick to me when we met up at a solo show of his.

We talked a bit and I asked if he was going to play anything off his first CD and he scoffed at me. I remarked that it was that particular CD that put him on the map and got airplay on the metal stations. And that many of the people there that night were yelling for Minds Eye material. He didn't like that too much and dissed me quite well for bringing it to his attention.

I'm told he's a nice guy. He just didn't wanna hear "that" I guess, haha... Truth hurts. His solo shit went south and now he's playing in an old rock band with 60 year olds.

I've heard much worse bands tho, that singer still sounds just right... And vinnie has a tasty sound.
        Damn, he seems like he'd be a nice guy. Why the fuck wouldn't he play anything off Mind's Eye..That's like Yngwie not playing anything off of Rising Force.. What specifically did he say that made your piss boil?
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

My guess is most people are there to hear UFO tunes and don't care who Vinnie Moore is.

Same thing with Steve Morse in Deep Purple.

I never met Vinnie myself but my old guitar teacher met him several times and said he was cool.

Comment

That was at a Vinnie Moore show, not a UFO show.

He was quite a few albums past Minds Eye, and I guess he thinks it's too 80s or something. But really, that release is what made him famous, he never got recognition for anything much past the first 2 or maybe the 3rd one. and 2 and 3 paled as far as recognition, although technically great.

I have heard he is quite a cool guy, he just didn't like what I had to say. And I'm pretty nice to people really. I'm quite personable. But I understand he wa trying to promote his new stuff, was probably sick of playing the old stuff and didn't need to hear me mentioning what I did.

I'm sure he's probably a cool guy really. I'm sure it was a mutual pissed off thing that night haha...

Comment

I have a live cd of his from 2001 ( I think) with old stuff on it..you get people on bad nights!

I just spill drinks on them.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

John..here he is..it looks like a new video to me!!!

I think he's Italian.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VayARlf5pRw

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i like "time odyssey" better than "mind's eye", but i guess that's me. i thought "meltdown" was kinda shitty....

but, yeah, UFO still has it. in my opinion, the scorprions do too. it is rather amazing that these OLD guys can still go out and deliver an awesome show, but a lot of the young bands can't reproduce their material or sounds very well on stage....
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Mark..it depends who you're talking about..them or us!!

Comment

I met Vinnie also since he's another Dean artist. He's a really cool guy too, he played at last years DOA party and spent a few days in Tampa at the shop.

Pic with Vinnie and me.

Comment

that's a cool vid.

Phil Mogg has always been a great and unique singer. he still has it, because that's just who he is.

Paul Raymond is as much the heart and soul of that band as Phil is, his amazing keyboards and piano defined their sound.

but we all know who the real heart and soul of that band is. and he ain't playing in this version.

I like VM, but his vibrato is so very different than Schenker's, and his whole approach is more clinical, which I get (there's only one Michael Schenker), but it's not the same for me.

I'm just glad I got to see em with MS in 1995 in Palo Alto.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Maybe he had a bad night, or was in a bad mood, or maybe he doesn't care what you say...why should he?

Comment

Dunno, paid $22 bucks to see him play new stuff that sucked? And he walked up and started talking me as i was standing in the back by the merch.

Maybe he should care.

Comment

Dunno, paid $22 bucks to see him play new stuff that sucked? And he walked up and started talking me as i was standing in the back by the merch.

Maybe he should care.
                              Nah. He could care, and I might care, and you would care, and yes he prob should care, but he doesn't have to care. You always have the right to leave, and not to buy his stuff again. I saw him open for Schenker and Schenker sucked ass. Would never see him again. Vinnie was good, but I wasn't there to meet him, and didn't. I paid to see him. BTW, what tour was he on that you paid to see? By that I mean, was he touring to support his new cd? If so, then that is what you should have prob expected to see him play. If not, and if he was touring for his first disc, then you have every right to be pissed that he didn't play material off of it. Basically, in his view, he just finished working on a bunch of material that he prob digs and is touring for it....he gets no radio play and has a limited fan base. He gets to tour for his fan base and make a living doing so which is more than most of us get to do. Then he has a "fan" come up to him after a show and bitch to him that he didn't get to hear the music he came to hear and this shit blows. Yeah, I guess I would be pretty pissed to if I were him. Even if you didn't tell him, that the new shit blows, that is what he is hearing. He is touring for the new stuff, which is where his head is at and what he is proud of at the moment. So, I could see that. I wouldn't judge him based on that, or take it personally.

Comment

Working...
                              X