Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of Schenker... UFO still has it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin Vinnie..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sansavere lives in CT and is a douche. I met him many years prior to his internet rep at the NY guitar show before I even knew who he was, and before I knew who he pretended to be. All 4ft of him was there with his Megadeth rack, his Jackson king V and a bunch of crap. I bought something from him...something small and you could smell the bullshit a mile a way. He owed me some change and amazingly couldn't cough it up so offered me a G&L t shirt. I knew he had the dough and was full of shit, to be honest, felt that if he needed to scam such a small amount, it was pretty sad. It was like $15. My buddy Kage had a similiar run in with him at the same show before we even met, where he tried to sell the Jackson....but he neglected to point out the broken headstock. When Kage pointed it out things weren't so nice. Kage is a big dude....little smaller than me, but perhaps not as nice. Let's just say if Vince tried to sweep kick either of our heads, he would reach our ankles at best. He is one of the reasons I left here. I just couldn't take his bullshit. It overrode all the good that is here, which is a shame. That and I had to finish my MBA and that and my career limited my time.

Comment

..Yeah, when I saw his booking pic when he was arrested. He looked exactly what I expected...a troll-like douche. Kinda like Dog the bounty hunter (aka Joe Dirt) ...but with down syndrome.

He's prolly gettin' a good Ass Fuggums from Bubba..

BTW..A G & L shirt..my very favorite bass! I'm a 1X..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I wore that shirt to death, except it was for their guitar line. And 1x? I remember those days....in jr high Vince looks like one of the mole people from those old cartoons.

Comment

Haha..Well 1X wouldn't be bad if I wasn't 5' 8" at 240..but I carry my weight well. I should drop 25 lbs..I know when I'm too heavy whenever I grunt when I tie my shoes. But I look pretty good for an old man...must be the metal!!

I wish I was here to witness some of his BS..I missed out on the fun! What was this alleged connection between him and Mustaine. John said he couldn't play for shit..that he really sucked ass! Go figure.

Comment

He claimed to be his tech, lol. He was a tool. Don't feel too bad, weight too after a blood clot last year. I couldn't go to the gym for months and went from 2x to well, not quite a 2x and not quite a 3x. I am 6'4" 280 these days. I carry it pretty well too, but would rather be around 240. Even in shape I have an 18" neck or more and wear a 52" suit jacket...so smaller is better. Shopping isn't easy. My new gym opens friday, can't wait. Schedule frees up in a few weeks, so all is good. Not to bad considering that clot almost killed me a year ago.

Comment

jeez dude, be careful and listen to the doc and take your meds. That's a very serious thing! Wow, we wear the same size shirt/ jacket 18" neck/52" , but your much taller. I gotta short trunk, so I usually have to get the length and sleeves shortened a bit. Jeans, I've been a 38"/32" forever. But I haven't broke 40" waist yet..so that's good!

Yeah, that dude sounds like a major tool..fuggums!

Comment

The clot came out of nowhere. It was in my right leg. The doctors have no idea what happened. I am 35. I was at the gym one day feeling fine and then I just started to experience this feeling in my right leg as if, well the only way to describe it is like my calf wasn't stretched out properly. You know sometimes, you didn't get a proper stretch at the gym? Well, I was walking around at work for a week trying to stretch my right calf. Then friday night I woke up screaming in pain...that lasted for a few seconds and nothing. Saturday I had to go to my brother's house....I got there and he noticed my calf was swollen. Called the Dr. on Monday and he hooked me up with a radiologist who did an ultrasound...found a huge clot. I had no idea what that ment. The Dr., was like you need to go to the emergency room NOW. I actually told him I had shit to do first. I really had no concept of the seriousness until he explained that if any piece of that shit broke and reached either my brain or lung I would die. He couldn't believe how big it was and said that if I had waited any longer I would have been screwed. Mind you, I was in excrutiating pain, couldn't walk, sit , stand, lay or move at this point....so there was no way I could have waited. It turns out I just had some random, hereditary blood disease that made me prone to getting clots. Ain't that some shit? Luckily, I am now ok and off the meds and get to start working out again. They said if anything happens I am back on cumitin for life. Cumitin....it's a hell of a drug....and not in the cocaine kind of a way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                    I live here in the tiny state of Delaware maybe 10 miles from Vinnie. Have run into him a bunch of times and he really is a nice guy. He is always in the local music store. He always takes the time to talk to anyone who may know him. I understand that not everyone has a good day everyday, but Vinnie is truly a nice person.
                    Where are you at? I keep trying to get him to come down to St. A's in New Castle for a beer. BTW I'm in Newark. What music store you talking about?

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    My cousin Vinnie..
                    Now if I only had Marissa Tormei to comfort me.
                    07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Finstah,
                      I live in Elkton, MD now but I did live in Newark. I used to run into Vinnie at Accent music or I would sometimes run into him at the Farmer's Market in New Castle.
                      I have seen Vinnie out a couple of times. I once was playing at a bar in Newark called Prime Times and Vinnie was sitting right in front of me. Talk about intimidating.

Comment

Accent still around? I went to University of Delaware.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                          Finstah,
                          I live in Elkton, MD now but I did live in Newark. I used to run into Vinnie at Accent music or I would sometimes run into him at the Farmer's Market in New Castle.
                          I have seen Vinnie out a couple of times. I once was playing at a bar in Newark called Prime Times and Vinnie was sitting right in front of me. Talk about intimidating.
                          that's too funny. Never seen him at the Farmer's Market. He stops by DS Music on 273. I avoid Accent, place sucks

We should hook up some time for a beer or something

Originally posted by BigDaddyD View Post
                          Accent still around? I went to University of Delaware.
                          unfortunately. Middletown Music is a lot better and carries/gets better stuff.

I work at UD. Small world
                          07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

BigDaddyD,
                            Accent is still around. They have actually put a store up on Rt.202 on the north side of Wilmington as well. My friend Roger manages both stores and is in contact with Vinnie all the time.
                            Finstah,
                            No problem on the beer. Vinnie does stop by DS music because of Dana Sutcliffe. Dana is the one who designed the Dana Scoup for Alvarez back in the 80's. I remeber when Dana used to own a music store over in Christiana in Peddlers Village and Vinnie used to have Dana work on his guitars back then. As far as Middletown music goes, not a big fan. The owner of that store used to be a employee of Accent music and I wasn't a fan of his when he worked there.

Comment

Working...
                            X