Got my Yngwie tickets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Yngwie tickets.

Yup, seeing him at the Ventura Theater this Saturday (Oct 11th).

Has anyone seen him this tour?

This is my first time seeing him..Yep, this is my yng cherry.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Throw a tomato at Ripper for me!!

Wait 'till he belts out a big whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...and try to get the tomato in the hole. You get more points for that!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw Yngwie about 2 years ago at a small venue in Houston. He was just incredible! I was no more than 10 ft from the stage. His playing blew me away.

Comment

Only seen him once in 92' i think? Was a triple billing...with Saxon,
        Lita Ford..and Yngwie closing... He was great, and really a showman..
        but i have to admit, that it went a little downhill after Saxon!

Man those dudes ripped! You will love Yngwie tho... great showman
        even today!

Comment

Be prepared for 'im to Unleash ze Fury on you. It vould not be unlike 'im.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Seen Yngwie many times. Actually saw him way back when his first solo album came out and he had left Alcatrazz. He was cool as hell - spoke great english even back then. I remember his drummer and keyboardist - Anders and Jens went for a joy ride with a couple of groupies. If I remember correctly they got into a minor parking lot fender bender, but just got out of the car and went into the club - left the groupies to deal with the car and insurance. A local band 'Cryer' opened, then Loudness, and then Yngwie. It was a great night for a 15 year old kid. But, like everyone has stated, he puts on a great show. It's unbelieveable how he runs around the stage without ever missing a note. I think he has been getting back into shape physically. There were some periods where he went through his skinny or fat Elvis periods. Enjoy the show and please post a review.

Comment

Caught him on the UK leg a couple of months back. Still plays like a mofo, but there wasn't the improvisation and jamming against the keyboards like he used to do. It was pretty funny how the band was all crammed to one side of the stage to give him room to throw the big shapes. Ripper did a good job, and seems like a pretty decent guy.

Comment

Taking the family to see Uli Roth this Friday!!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah I saw him a few months ago in the UK too. Really good gig. A wall of 20 Marshalls or something REALLY FUCKING LOUD. Then Jim Marshall was wheeled on stage at the end.

There wasnt too many in the crowd unfortunately but it didnt stop him from unleashing the fucken fury!

He must have thrown 1000 picks into the audience. There wasnt even that many people there. He threw at least 20 in during I am a Viking.

It was worth the money just to hear them pound out "You dont remember (I'll never forget)" Ripper was on fire.
                  All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Taking the family to see Uli Roth this Friday!!

I'm going to see Uli as well. Have fun bud.
                    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                      Yeah I saw him a few months ago in the UK too. Really good gig. A wall of 20 Marshalls or something REALLY FUCKING LOUD. Then Jim Marshall was wheeled on stage at the end.

There wasnt too many in the crowd unfortunately but it didnt stop him from unleashing the fucken fury!

He must have thrown 1000 picks into the audience. There wasnt even that many people there. He threw at least 20 in during I am a Viking.

It was worth the money just to hear them pound out "You dont remember (I'll never forget)" Ripper was on fire.
                      He's playing at the ventura theater, and there is a thing that if you pay 10 extra bucks, you can go into the pit. I really want one of his picks but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $10.

What'd he play, setlist wise?

Comment

As I recall...

Rising Force
                        I'll see the light tonight
                        Far Beyond the sun
                        Forever One
                        Anguish and Fear
                        Adagio
                        I am a Viking
                        You dont remember
                        Dreaming
                        .....lots of noodling and some later stuff I'm not as familiar with.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Saw him a couple of years ago supporting Unleashing the Fury. He was simply on fire, great show. I didn't get any of the picks he was throwing so after the show I sent my wife up to the stage and she got one of the roadies to give her a pick that was dropped on stage. I figured she had a better shot at it than I did.

Comment

^Saw him on the same tour. I managed to catch a pick though

Killer show. And the best thing was that there wasn't a support act.
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

If you can make your way close to the stage with a box of a dozen jelly donuts, you'll be backstage playing the duck for sure after the show.
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X