Im really some youtube cuts from "Erotic Cakes"...Guthrie Govan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im really some youtube cuts from "Erotic Cakes"...Guthrie Govan

Im really liking this song "Waves from "Erotic Cakes".. Wow... listen to all the ideas flying around this masterpiece!
    I gotta get this album...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

********* It sure beats the hell outta this !!
    Lock me up in a padded cell...and play this in a continous loop for 1 hour..
    and im offing myself!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Robert Burns; 10-10-2008, 10:56 PM.

He is an incredible guitarist with a very unique style. He has the elements of Reb beach, Tony Macalpine, Malmsteen and Beck. Thanks for posting the clip.

Comment

that's one of his best tunes... my fav. part is from 3:32 where he does those melodic Japanese pop-rock phrases... I bet he took those from Tak Matsumoto

he uses them even more in a tune called Nar Nar which starts with a cool acoustic thing... then goes into this Reb Beach-ish/Steve Vai-ish soloing and then the main theme comes in which is Matsumoto-ish J-pop/rock melody... it also has a guitar solo from Richie Kotzen
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

He is excellent. Always enjoyed his playing
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Whenever Guthrie threads pop up, I always advise everyone and anyone to go out and get that CD!

It's equally as good as Shawn Lane's - Powers Of Ten!
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
          X