Necrophagist thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necrophagist thread!

Hard to believe there's no thread for this band. I think folks get turned off by the cookie monster vocals. But can this guy shred or what! His solos are way over the top. Their playing is so freakin tight. If you havent listened to their songs, you're missing out on something fantastic. So this guy Muhammed uses ENGL amps? He used to use the Ibanez Xiphos. BUt now, he;s moved to something totally different. not sure what it is.

Better Quality 480p version now available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0FE_D5iQCUHigh Quality Necrophagist video from Party.san 2005.Muhammed is using a...

And then there's this dude who's playing all the solos perfect to the last note. Check out his other videos too.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Sam

I like them a lot! Killer pinch harmonics. I've only got their Epitaph CD.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have Epitaph and Onset of Putrefaction but I have to admit I haven't listened to them that much. They're clearly awesome musicians, but I'm more into bands like Deicide and Vader who are about the groove rather than technicality.
      That said, Necrophagist strike a good balance between the two, they're not just a technical band, they have some great tunes too, I just haven't listened to them that much since other bands like Krisiun have taken up all my DM listening time recently!
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        Hard to believe there's no thread for this band. I think folks get turned off by the cookie monster vocals. But can this guy shred or what! His solos are way over the top. Their playing is so freakin tight. If you havent listened to their songs, you're missing out on something fantastic. So this guy Muhammed uses ENGL amps? He used to use the Ibanez Xiphos. BUt now, he;s moved to something totally different. not sure what it is.

Better Quality 480p version now available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0FE_D5iQCUHigh Quality Necrophagist video from Party.san 2005.Muhammed is using a...

And then there's this dude who's playing all the solos perfect to the last note. Check out his other videos too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsMeytRJoY
        That vid is older...Thats his old vigier guitar...He has since switched to the Xiphos...

Awesome player! Like em or not...We need musicians like this to keep things moving along...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I've only got Epitaph too, but it kicks ass!! Definitley one of my favorite bands.

Comment

They have taken a beating in this forum before, one thing that was never pointed out is that he was pretty young when recording the first album, still a teen i believe, and that he recorded it himself and played all the instruments, except the drums which were a drum machine.
            pretty frikin good if you ask me, even if he did bend a note out of tune somehweres on it (Endrik) If not anything else, just to imagine what he could become capable of as he progresses.

Ripping.

Comment

Fuggin love Necrophagist. I have Onset and Epitaph. They are supposed to release a new one in early '09 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                even if he did bend a note out of tune somehweres on it (Endrik)
                yep, he can't do a decent finger vibrato (which is in tune) to save his life, he makes Kirk Hammett sound good
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Mmm! Marshal Metal. Ja gut! Fantastic playing, even if his guitar does look gay. Get a fuggin Jackson himmel!
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I like them alot! Looking forward to the new one...

Didn't Ibanez pretty much start to build the Xiphos especially for Muhammed?

If you want to know what Christian Muenzner and Hannes Grossmann are up to these days, check out Obscura:
                    Obscura's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      yep, he can't do a decent finger vibrato (which is in tune) to save his life, he makes Kirk Hammett sound good
                      No. His vibrato is ridiculously wide to sound out of pitch, because he feels it amplifies the feel of the music he's trying to convey.

Big difference.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                        No. His vibrato is ridiculously wide to sound out of pitch, because he feels it amplifies the feel of the music he's trying to convey.

Big difference.
                        wide as Manute Bol :ROTF:
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          Link

"Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

That dude does NOT look look like that voice would would come out of him, hahaha....

Seriously good player, great band, could do without the vocals and all the silly song names. I like death vox, but that is too much for me. At my age, it's just embarassing to have people seeing me listen to that, haha... I'm already a freakshow, haha.

Comment

I've mentioned them a boatload of times. Whenever I go thru my usual barrage of favorite progressive death metal bands..I like their Willowtip debut better than their one on Relapes.

They're part of my elite group of PDM..any could have a dedicated thread IMO..Arsis, Necrophagist, Capharnaum, Lunaris, Cynic, Martyr, Symbyosis, Gory Blister, Sadist, Sadus, Farmakon, Theory in Practice, Augury, Nocturnus, Psycroptic, Sceptic, Vehemence, and ouir own Severed Savior..to name a few.

If you like bands like this but with clean vocals please check out bands like Zero Hour, Watchtower, Twisted Into Form, Mekong Delta, Control Denied (Chuck), Spiral Achitect, Lemur Voice, Pshychotic Waltz, Mercenary.. to name a few.

All bands are amazing but none actually possess the cohesive writing of..Death.

RIP Chuck Schuldiner!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X