No announcement yet.

W.A.S.P -pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Z told me Chris used Duncan Distortions DDJ's as a matter of fact.
    Randy Piper told me he uesd JB's on the first two albums IIRC.I asked him so many Q's about his tone and amps but that was a few years ago.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The coolest part of WASP was when the Armadillo walked past a waking Blackie in the "Blind In Texas" video. We sat around the dorm room arguing (while inbibing in substances) about the relative odds that it was the same Armadillo as seen in "Rock the Casbah"

I heard DDJ too, somewhere, sometime in the past.
      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Al Z told me Chris used Duncan Distortions DDJ's as a matter of fact.
        DD would be Duncan Distortion. The J is the last name initial of the person who wound it... Maricella Juarez; she's Seymour's main winding guru.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I know that TJ just stating they were DDJ's
          I have a few DDJ's in my box just waiting for something worthy to put them in.I even have one SD wound himself.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sooooo...... which Dimarzio pickup did Blackie use??
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              DD would be Duncan Distortion. The J is the last name initial of the person who wound it... Maricella Juarez; she's Seymour's main winding guru.
              Marty Friedman used/ uses JBJ's too. That Juarez is a bit of a legend.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

The coolest thing abiout WASP is in the "Wild Child" video when Blackie was prancing around like Paul Stanely in his maccosins and pointed at the camera 3 times..that was evil as fuck. The Blackie Lawless "evil point".."I want you...I want you"..

Those were some evil stage moves..the bass player looked like he faked an orgasm like Meg Ryan in "When Harry met Sally"..very impressive..I was fooled!

nothing says METAL more than Maccosins!!!

Behold the glory of the evil pointing and satanic Mocassins.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsoLb-E7oy8
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

:ROTF::ROTF:
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Those were some evil stage moves..the bass player looked like he faked an orgasm like Meg Ryan in "When Harry met Sally"..very impressive..I was fooled!
                    It looks like Blackie is playing bass in that video.
                    Was he the guitar or bass player for that band? I know nothing about WASP at all. One of those bands that I never cared for....Kiss are another one..
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven
                    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Second Crimson Idol. Great album...

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Crimson Idol is a great CD Bob Kulick absolutly smoked.The leads have so much feeling and the tone is outstanding.Blackie did bass and rhythm.
                      I saw an old close up pic of Chris's yellow star and to me the pickup looked like a staggered pole bass pickup.
                      I'm sure Chris used a lot of different pickups over the years.ALZ may know he and Chris are pretty close.
                      Met Randy Piper at a guitar show in Columbus Ohio what a great guy and one tall MFer.
                      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                        It looks like Blackie is playing bass in that video.
                        Was he the guitar or bass player for that band? I know nothing about WASP at all. One of those bands that I never cared for....Kiss are another one..
                        If it's the Wild Child video, which I assume it is, he's playing bass. Randy Piper was on second guitar and looks totally gay in that vid.

Check out his new band, I've got their first album "Randy Piper's Animal" and it's great.

WASP's best album IMO was the first one - there's some great riffs on there. "Headless Children" was a masterpiece too. I never liked Crimson much.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Anyone ever see WASP-The Sting-Live at the Key Club L.A. dvd? It's pretty sick. Lawless is on a Warlock, Duda's on bass, Stet Howland's on drums and the one and only Mean Man Chris Holmes kicks ass on the coolest RR ever. He switches to another Jackson for a couple of tunes but most of the time plays the RR. It's from 2001 and Blackie starts the show lighting off this flaming pyro that would be illegal in any state in the USA nowadays. He has that psycho stage prop mic setup and the whole show is pretty mental. Chris Holmes' live intensity is awesome to say the least.
                          Last edited by triplehold; 12-05-2008, 07:00 PM.

Comment

"..Headless.." is IMHO the best album they did. Still wanna know which pickup Blackie used.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

For me WASP are one of the great ambassadors for everything outrageously over the top in 80's metal. Headless children is a great album but The Last Command I think captures the band sounding the best and is my fav album.

The last WASP album I picked up was Dying for the World and I couldn't believe how muddy it sounded. Obviously there's a few years between these two albums but I think Blackie should go back and have a good listen to The Last Command for some inspiration.

Btw does Chris play all the leads on Wild Child or do Chris and Randy alternate. I'm hopeless I can't pick who's who:think:. And the rest of the album for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X