X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
    No video. photo only.
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
      Contrary to what many may believe or disagree, not only this solo but most of George's Dokken stuff, was pentatonic in nature. He was real good with passing notes and tasteful subtle use of mixing various modes into a pentatonic lay out. Giving himself a unique interesting catchy bluesy vibe.
      Yep.

I'm not really a big fan of Lynch or Dokken, but I will admit. Dream Warriors is one of my favorite guitar solo's of all time.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Cool stuff! thanks for that!

Comment

Patricia Arquette is a hottie.
          That was her first movie.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Lyyyyyyyynnnnnnnch!!!
            8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
              Im tellin ya bill, hes back close to his A game. No "smoke this" shit. He did say he was a bit nervous about going out with gilbert/kotzen, tho
              Is he still useing his Randall sig. Lynch box and cabs live or did he revert back to useing vintage Marshalls like he always seems to do evenually after he starts useing a new rig? I've alwayed liked his early tone of the vintage Marshalls on "Breaking the Chains" and Tooth and Nail".

Comment

Lynch still kicks ass, believe it girls.

Comment

Dude, It looks like he gave up the steroids. Notice how he is shrinking and looks about 10 years older than he did a year or two ago.
                  Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

He played through my buddies Marshall JVM. He had some pedals with him, I know he was using an Analog Man OD of some sort.

Yes, he was thin and looked like he was aging, he is 54 after all. And he has five grandkids which he made a couple jokes about being a Grandpa rock star.

Comment

Good times tonight!

The only additional news is regarding the tour in '09 with Paul Gilbert, Jake E Lee will be opening on some dates, depending on the city....

Comment

Jake & George on the same bill? Holy Shootout, Batman.
                        8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Paul Gilbert will restrain himself. He plays "nice" with others, unlike Yngwie. Jake and George will go all out. Paul will hold back and unleash short burts of his ability and then pull back. Even Alexi Laiho seemed to hold back with George outta respect. Jake, George, and Eddie would be a level playing field. Our local opener for George literally served him his ass...truly disappointing. Like I said, there's others that seen that tour, including Toejam, it was very very bad

Paul Gilbert would be a better match with Jeff Loomis, Tony MacAlpine, Greg Howe, Marcel Coenen, Mike Romeo, Steve Vai, maybe Yngwie, Steve Stevens or Uli ..ect..IMO. Gilbert would go balls out in that company!

I'm glad George is doing better these days. As far as playing like his prime. I'd have to hear it, I simply can't take people's word for it. Paul never faded with time. In fact, he improved!

So, If anyone has recent vid of George is sounds like the player I fuggin' loved, please do!!!!! Maybe he is off 'roids, that shit can fuck you up. I don't care how he looks as long as he's kickin' ass!!

I can't allow myself for a second disappointment unless someone can show me he's the same George we worshipped until '93.

I tried to find vids myself and was unable to locate any. So if you got any..post 'em.
                          Last edited by horns666; 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

This is George these days.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MinmL...eature=related

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

--------------------------------------

OK lets be fair.. Here's three versions of tooth and nail ..and compare solos.

George Lynch (who wrote it).. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m937u...eature=related

Dokken w/ Jon Levin.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUZv...eature=related

Dokken w/ Reb Beach.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vms...eature=related

Ummm..you tell me.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              OK lets be fair.. Here's three versions of tooth and nail ..and compare solos.

George Lynch (who wrote it).. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m937u...eature=related

Dokken w/ Jon Levin.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUZv...eature=related

Dokken w/ Reb Beach.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vms...eature=related

Ummm..you tell me.
                              Jon Levin is giving the fans what they want (authentic reproduction), and he does it well. George wrote the song and is probably bored playing the same thing he did 25 yrs ago, so he's getting outside the box. I don't really like what he's playing, but at least he's trying to get some inspiration going. No disrespect to George, he has produced some jaw dropping moments throughout his career. I saw him on that 2004 tour and I think he played great when they stopped here in Detroit.

The winner? Reb by a landslide. He kept the most recognizable parts of the solo in tact but threw his own style in there and is on fire! I saw Dokken in 2000 or 2001 with him on guitar. He was great at that show too.

Comment

Bill - I agree with most your points (per usual!), although in George's defense, he DOES seem to be experimenting with his playing and tone quite a bit nowadays (I noticed a LOT of finger-picking & thumb-slapping last night, as well as toning-down the JCM 900 he was playing through to almost clean levels), which probably allows him less time to work on the shredding skilz. Also, being a "seminar", there was a lot of "flying by the seat of your pants"-playing, rather than actually orchestrated songs, so I can cut him slack for that as there were certainly some "bad note" moments that floated across from time to time!

All in all, it was well worth going to - the price was right (FREE!) and it was maybe 5 miles from my house.

And he actually touched on the Alexi "incident" from NAMM last year, his take was (BIG paraphrase here!) - "I'm 54 now and can't take "guitarist showdowns" seriously any more, I am what I am and just went out there and had fun with it", which I can relate to as I'm at that point in my business career myself!

Comment

Working...
                                X