No announcement yet.

Saw lynch last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys.. thanks!!! My opinion is much like yours. George's "out of the box" playing style is contrats to how structured and focused his stuff used to seem. Agreed, on experimenting with tones and finger styles..just like he re-recodred favorite classics in an failed attempt to "modernize" them IMO. I absolutely appreciate him and Ed. Niether of them have to play another note if they decided not to. They inspired so many including myself. But those two, especially Ed are my earliest main influenes...George much more than Randy. I always thought he'd make an awesome Ozzy player in the early 80's! But we wouldn't have Jake, so things worked out. I just like to see my first main two guys play, write and sound like they used to. Uli is better than ever, and he's pretty old..but the new Uli smokes the old Uli. He improvises all the time, but never hits a bone. That guy has the closest thing to "perfect pitch" I've ever heard. He plays with his eyes shut, and uses his ears with all those frets. Paul Gilbert is just plain sick..

While I was viewing ALOT of George vids last night. I stumbled across two vids of him in Milan Italy in '95 that did impress me. He still has some of that razor edged focus and fire while screwing around. Ironically, that was during "Smoke This"..

I seen George six times. He was so firey, and go off into a frenzy with weird not choice that ruled..and never seemed he could hit a bad note. Everything he played used to amaze me..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      Hey Guys.. thanks!!! My opinion is much like yours. George's "out of the box" playing style is contrats to how structured and focused his stuff used to seem. Agreed, on experimenting with tones and finger styles..just like he re-recodred favorite classics in an failed attempt to "modernize" them IMO. I absolutely appreciate him and Ed. Niether of them have to play another note if they decided not to. They inspired so many including myself. But those two, especially Ed are my earliest main influenes...George much more than Randy. I always thought he'd make an awesome Ozzy player in the early 80's! But we wouldn't have Jake, so things worked out. I just like to see my first main two guys play, write and sound like they used to. Uli is better than ever, and he's pretty old..but the new Uli smokes the old Uli. He improvises all the time, but never hits a bone. That guy has the closest thing to "perfect pitch" I've ever heard. He plays with his eyes shut, and uses his ears with all those frets. Paul Gilbert is just plain sick..

While I was viewing ALOT of George vids last night. I stumbled across two vids of him in Milan Italy in '95 that did impress me. He still has some of that razor edged focus and fire while screwing around. Ironically, that was during "Smoke This"..

I seen George six times. He was so firey, and go off into a frenzy with weird not choice that ruled..and never seemed he could hit a bad note. Everything he played used to amaze me..
      **** Like i said Bill...his is the ULTIMATE TONE !!

Comment

I'm listening (and riffing to) a lot of Ratt right now. Warren was just a sick guitar player.
        Hat's off to Robbin, too. RIP, "King".
        8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Being seriously into natural bodybuilding for many years myself,,,,I don't believe George ever looked like a steroid freak. I've been accused of that myself many times in the past few years, but if you really compare a natural builder to a steroid user,,,then you can really notice the difference. I remember getting accused of roids almost every weekend by some bar goer or another in my hard core bar gigging days, and I'm much bigger now. John Hansen is one of the greatest natural bodybuilders ever, and he is still huge at 43 years old,,,like 19 inch arms, etc. I've met him several times, and still follow his advice and routine. I'm over 18 inches myself on upper arms right now, and I'm only 5'7 tall. I intend to add even more size as I'm only in my 30's and still very dedicated. Now, a steroid user,,,,,they're the ones with the 22-23 inch arms like comic books. It's about serious dedication to training and eating right.....and George proclaims to have really dedicated his life to lifting for a few years. Too bad he didn't stick with it, he was on his way to some good development. Everyone is quick to say "steroids" when someone packs on some muscle mass, but you can really get some serious results with years of dedication. Just not the comic book look, and George was far from that. Also, guitar-wise,,,I think George kinda peaked around the time he did that instructional video right around when Lynch Mob was starting up. I mean, have you seen the intro to that video!!!! It doesn't get any better than that. Later on, he says he got away from the guitar olympics. I can imagine that once you get to the point where he was at his pinnacle and then decide to tone it down, it must be hard to get that back after many years. He's much like ED,,,,he's retained his unique style, but has given up that razor's edge from pushing himself to the max day in and day out. He has nothing left to prove, and shouldn't,,,,and it does show a bit, I think.
          Last edited by lynchfan6; 11-07-2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I agree man..

18" arms and you work out like a mofo..and eat good. Good for you man!

Cool, I must be doin' something right. I used to worked out constantly, I was obsessed with it when I was younger. But I can't due to nerve damage due to spine injuries. Now, I just clog myself with pasta and pizza. Did ya know if you get fat..your PP gets fat too!!!

I still bench 300+ with no problem, which suprised the hell outta me, because I have atrophy in my left arm..I haven't lifted for a very long time.

Be careful man, you do NOT want rupture any discs!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

How did your hurt yourself.....deadlifting or bent rows or something? I'm really cautious with those kinds of exercises, keeping my reps in the 6-12 range by pyramiding, and I've been benching mostly with dumbells cuz I just feel it more in my chest that way. I think it has to do with the way I am, with shorter arms, etc. Plus, I work out in my basement by myself, which, after several hefty investements in free weights, etc, at Dunhams, has turned into a pretty complete gym. That's really neat to hear that you share that interest...along with an obsession with guitars. And from what I hear around here, you are a tremendous guitarist.

Comment

Working...
              X