Non-Metal Jackson players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    so Pour Some Sugar On Me is metal and Victims Of The Future is not?
    Wha..how in the hell did that happen??!!

Y'know Gary was Ozzy's number#1 guitarist pick before Randy..right?
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

so Pour Some Sugar On Me is metal
      In a bubble gum kind of way . . .

Never heard of this before, so I looked it up:

Last edited by bfloyd6969; 11-11-2008, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
        In a bubble gum kind of way . . .

Never heard of this before, so I looked it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victims_of_the_Future
        if you haven't heard of it, you probably haven't heard it. Check it out and Corridors of Power. Those two albums are Gary Moore as a lot of us know him, way before Still Got The Blues took the world by storm.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

G his early stuff with 1979's G force on Ozzy's Jet records was cool too. Then followed by 1980's Dirty Fingers, before '82's COP, and '84s VOTF....quite the fuggin' proto metal shredder indeed!!!

Like I said when Ozzy and Sabbath split ..Ozzy wanted Gary Moore, but Gary refused thinking Ozzy was a certain trainwreck. ...oops!!!

Sometimes planets align for a fuggin' reason.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

ah well, they still worked together in the end. Ozzy sang on Gary's "Led Clones" on the After The War album.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

ah well, they still worked together in the end. Ozzy sang on Gary's "Led Clones" on the After The War album.
              I know..that's the worst song of the fuggin' album tho. I wished they made a more serious song, instead of spoofing on Led Zep sound-alike bands..like Kingdom Come. It was Gary that led Ozzy to Randy ..I think..I forgot. I know he said Randy barrowed his licks for Mr Crowley.

Comment

they ran one of those reader's questions things with Gary in GW last year (I think) and someone asked Gary how much he'd been influenced by Randy's playing. Gary pointed out that he'd been recording for more than 10 years when Randy first came to everyone's attention with Ozzy
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                  As long as she's not singing there's many, many things I'd like to do to/with Celine Dion.
                  I want to feed her corn through a chainlink fence :ROTF:
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    That's not a Jackson. It's a copy that Washburn used to make in the '80s.
                    Really? Fairly convincing copy, then again I didn't get that good of a look at the headstock.

Comment

the guy that played in rick james' band. dont remember his name, but hes in that ad with all the hair guys with their jacksons...
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I cant believe noone has mentioned Brad Delp!! RIP

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

There are some videos of Jesse Johnson's band on YouTube and his other guitarist is playing a Jackson. There's even what looks like a white King V on a stand behind him in one vid. Busts some mean moves playing some 80's funk. Gotta love it all!

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                            Doesn't Canada still owe us an apology for Bryan Adams and Celine Dion? :ROTF:
                            The Canadian Government has apologised for Bryan Adams on many occasions

As you were...
                            Last edited by levantin; 11-19-2008, 07:51 PM.
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Silver Chair (i don't know the guitarrist name, i think daniel ....) plays a RR roswell in the Freak video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ9kBQrZXOI
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              Jackson King V Pro Mustaine Model
                              Fender Stratocaster 90'
                              Acustic Taylor Baby
                              Marshal 8100 Lead 4x12 1812 Model

Comment

Shania Twain's guitarist http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37438.

The guitarist for the Bus Boys had a Charvel Star (he was also played in Sammy Hagar's band for a while).

The guitarist in Outcast was a Jackson endorsee. Never understood that one!

Then you have the guitarist in the Fixx, Mr Mister, Jick James.

Comment

Working...
                                X