Chinese Democracy Single...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Democracy Single...

I have to say i'm diggin' the single, and the solo in it.

I was not expecting this...

I haven't heard the single, but I pre-ordered the Chinese Democracy CD. I should have it in about a week and I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

Comment

+1 particularly liking the pre-chorus riff

Comment

I didnt like what I heard. I tried to, but whenever I started liking the track, it was as if Axl would hit the "suck" knob. Whenever he started to sound like Axl, he changed the sound of his voice, and whenever I dug the guitars, they started to sound really techno. Not my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyD View Post
          I didnt like what I heard. I tried to, but whenever I started liking the track, it was as if Axl would hit the "suck" knob. Whenever he started to sound like Axl, he changed the sound of his voice, and whenever I dug the guitars, they started to sound really techno. Not my thing.
          I had a feeling something like this might happen. They waited too long to release this. People are going to expect GNR the way they remember them.

Comment

i would have thought axl would have been better off loosing the gnr tag

Comment

Is there somewhere online, where we can ear this? Curious.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

hmmm, the intro and the ending suck, but i like the meat of the song. sounds pretty fresh to me...while retaining "some" of the bluesy rock they always had. i prefer axl's voice on that song over the old stuff.....to me he was a snively twat - well, i guess he still is, but the song is pretty good!!

not 13 million dollars good, though..... hahahahaha
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'm looking forward to this being released on Sunday. I'm still waiting to read this week that it's not coming out or its delayed though! I work in the CD replication industry and haven't heard anything about this from my friends in the industry who work at some of the bigger plants.

Comment

Use Your Illusions III? The two tracks and other samples I have heard, failed to move me...His throat (Higher register) voice just grates me...His lower voice is great...(When he sings properly) But...I play in a Death Metal band so...What do I know about proper singing???
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                      I have to say i'm diggin' the single, and the solo in it.

I was not expecting this...
                      I wasn't expecting this either Ralph. Thanks for posting the link. I may have to pick this album up. I had really figured Axl would put out a piece of junk and be written off forever. Hell, he make actually pull this off.

Comment

dude this song sucks. it's as poorly composed (or well composed) as a nickleback song. basically, the song is awful, except for the solo.

Comment

I like it...... Ill buy this.....
                          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

The intro was unnecessary, too long and dated.
                            I think my son could have written the main riff, but he can't play like buckethead.
                            I didn't like the bridge much - akward.
                            I actually liked the solo -how could you replace slash? Buckethead did great on this.

In short, it was good, not the best and it could never be appetite. Way better than I expected - I could dig this live and it had good energy.

PS Axl needs to ditch the cornrows
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                            X