Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've been to the Opeth gig on Tuesday

...Was badass!!!

During the very first song, got to share an evil stare with Fred for a few secs, was absolutelly badass. Made a few gigbuddies, that was hella cool too. Fucking security guy was trying to start some shit with me for no reason whatsoever, fucking fat cunt. There was also some drunk skin going fucking mental and looking for a fight nearby, but he got sorted out pretty quick, haha.
    Fred looks as tough as a fucking bear right now! Mikael was also as cool as always, kept the crowd laughing, as you'd expect him.

The setlist was really good too: Heir Apparent
    Grand Conjuration
    Godhead's Lament
    Lotus Eater
    Bleak
    Hope Leaves
    Deliverance
    Demon of the Fall
    Drapery Falls

The only complaints I have would be the openers. The Ocean Collective was alright, but Cynic totally killed it for me. I would've literally fallen asleep if I didn't have to be standing up at the front row, and if they didn't bring back my periodical headache I have a few times every day. The crowd seemed to be really into them though, so it's all cool.
    Badass show alltogether. The fans around were real cool and into it, the songs were amazing, sound was good, briliant show altogether!
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Originally posted by Dred View Post
    ...Was badass!!!

During the very first song, got to share an evil stare with Fred for a few secs, was absolutelly badass. Made a few gigbuddies, that was hella cool too. Fucking security guy was trying to start some shit with me for no reason whatsoever, fucking fat cunt. There was also some drunk skin going fucking mental and looking for a fight nearby, but he got sorted out pretty quick, haha.
    Fred looks as tough as a fucking bear right now! Mikael was also as cool as always, kept the crowd laughing, as you'd expect him.

The setlist was really good too: Heir Apparent
    Grand Conjuration
    Godhead's Lament
    Lotus Eater
    Bleak
    Hope Leaves
    Deliverance
    Demon of the Fall
    Drapery Falls

The only complaints I have would be the openers. The Ocean Collective was alright, but Cynic totally killed it for me. I would've literally fallen asleep if I didn't have to be standing up at the front row, and if they didn't bring back my periodical headache I have a few times every day. The crowd seemed to be really into them though, so it's all cool.
    Badass show alltogether. The fans around were real cool and into it, the songs were amazing, sound was good, briliant show altogether!
    Cool. Cynic's back together?!? They're awesome!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Cool. Cynic's back together?!? They're awesome!
      Seems so. Their EQ wasnt EQ'd quite right though. As killer as their set was, there was too much bass so everything else was quite muffled. As good as it was, I was standing real close to the cabs, so the lows were quite overpowering and I couldnt quite hear what else was going on. A dissapointment, really, because a good set was turned inaudible due to where I was standing, and all that excess bass gave me a headache.

They've also got a new guitarist goin. Tymon Kruidenier. A pretty badass axeslinger.
      Here's the setlist, if you're intersted:
      Nunc Fluens
      The Space For This
      Evolutionary Sleeper
      Veil of Maya
      Uroboric Forms
      Textures
      Integral Birth
      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Not sure about your "evil stare" thing..but glad it worked for ya
        sorry, just kiddin..sounds like a good show.

Comment

Gonna see them on December 11th in Berlin and on the 12th in Hamburg again... just happened to fall right in place with a business trip.

I loved Cynic's set when they played Wacken this year, actually that made me finally get into them. I'm digging their new record too, so I'm really looking forward to that tour.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

probably seeing them on december 7th ..
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Working...
            X