Wolf Hoffman Appreciation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf Hoffman Appreciation?

You know, I always liked this guy a ton but kind-of wrote off Accept after Metal Heart...

Now that I am older and re-discovered all things '80s, I really don't think this guy was given his due. He is excellent! Great sense of melody, cool tone, unique (to the time) scales, the ability to slow it down when the song called for it, diminished runs before they were cool, all kinds of cool things! ...

Wolf Rocks!

I loved the princess of the dawn solo...
    www.JerryRobison.com
    '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Breaker.
      Restless & Wild.
      Two of the best metal albums ever. I can still remember hanging at my High School smoking area hearing Fast As A Shark for the first time. Wolf kicked serious azzzzzz!!
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Wolf rocks. Yes, that was Wolf with the white jacket in that vid. Restless and Wild is one of the albums that made me want to learn to play guitar. Fast as a Shark was one of the first "Speed Metal" songs and I still remember the "Holy Shit!" moment I had the first time I heard it.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Check out his solo album "Classical", not metal as such but some great rock versions of old classical tunes. Accept were awesome too.
          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

major influence for me, in my top 10 all timers easy.

Comment

he had killer tone! great guitar player

Comment

Love the tone, the phrasing, the style...one of my faves for sure.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

"Balls To The Wall"!!!!
                  One of the best metal songs ever!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
                    "Balls To The Wall"!!!!
                    One of the best metal songs ever!!!!
                    +1...I love the bite to his rhythm tone on that one!

Comment

Wolf Hoffman Sucks! Never was really into him...
                      as shown in this incredibly tastful vid!! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        Wolf Hoffman Sucks! Never was really into him...
                        as shown in this incredibly tastful vid!! :ROTF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3m5xXcpoo8
                        AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! Not again! I just got over that nightmare! I had it for months!
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I heard that he is living in Nashville now and photography is his new gig. In addition there will be no more Accept shows/reunions. Udo has no desire to play with his former band mates ever again. That from Wolf himself.
                          Last edited by Predator1; 11-24-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Death Row is one of my faves from Accept.Pomp and Circumstanece is one I'm working on right now.Writing on the Wall is very cool too.
                            Wolf's tone and style was always great.IMO they kicked ass in the day.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X