Wolf Hoffman Appreciation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Wolf.

A friend of mine owns Wolf's modified Marshall head. I got to play thru it using one of Wolf's former Hamer V's. Balls to the Wall. Dead on tone. Awesome.

Restless and Wild and Balls to the Wall are damn near perfect. Metal Heart is right up there too. I saw them on the Metal Heart tour with Rough Cutt and Coney Hatch (or was it Mama's Boys?). Accept was awesome.

Comment

He is one sick MF. Talented as it gets, great melodic player with lots of control and passion. Nuff said.
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

(Staying A Life) has been on heavy rotation during my commute for the past couple of months. I think it is one of the finest live Metal recordings availible.

Comment

My God, Wolf's tone is everything a Marshall should be!! There is no better metal tone.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
            "Balls To The Wall"!!!!
            One of the best metal songs ever!!!!
            And one of the dodgiest LP covers.

Wolf Hoffman is one of my favourites too, shame that Accept always get overlooked by the Scorpions, simply because of their country of origin and the use of Flying Vs!
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

This is another one of those threads that I could swear I posted a year or two ago, lol. And another Ripley to boot. I just finally got around to learning head over heels from balls to the wall. Totally awesome guitarist and underappreciated.
              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Wolf's tone is so metal but he is such a clean player so precise.Just amazing to me anyway.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i loved the way he used pick scrapes and string slides and chords in his flashy stuff, and he could throw melodies in everywhere just badass, woulda love to hear him and schenker jam out together that would be sweet

Comment

Loved the solo from Metal Heart. Loved the whole album actually. very cool melodies and phrasing.
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I may have to go relearn that now!
                    Last edited by broken_fusion; 11-30-2008, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Very underrated guitar player. Check out Russian Roulette as well....very good album. Not as good as Balls or Metal Heart, but its up there IMO. Remember seeing them open up for Dio in 1985.

Comment

Accept Rules! Wolf set the Marshall tone Standard.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                        X