Cluster Pluck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cluster Pluck

This Cluster Pluck tune is off Brad Paisley's new "guitar album" and features Paisley, James Burton, Albert Lee, Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Steve Wariner, Redd Volkaert and John Jorgenson.

Some fine tele playing here if you're into this type of music. If not, nothing to see here I guess.

Video doesn't show them playing, but just identifies who is playing during the tune.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

My local dealer..{Bob Turner of Bizarre Guitar) has seen just about everyone that ever played in the last 40 years. Heck he played "Whole
    Lotta Love" for Page! (about 15 sec worth backstage..and then Page
    grabbed the LP and said to him.."you sure you want to play that?"
    Anyway...he knows shredders, and country pickers, and metal players.
    When i asked him one day "Who has blown your mind more than any other
    player?" He said "2 guys... Steve Lukather, and "Brad Paisley"...
    I said "Brad Paisley"??? He said ""He a fuckin monster player, and
    no one knows it!" Insane.

Comment

I agree, I've seen Brad play live five times now and he can shred country style when he wants to. He can't always do it within the context of his songs depending on the tempo of the song, but many of his arrangements and his instrumentals kick ass and he can play them live, full speed, note for note just as well as the rock/metal guitarists that are more talked about on this forum. It is really impressive to me what these guys can do on a clean setting, without the heavy distortion/sustain to help cover a mistake up.

I love the tone he gets on this one, "Throttleneck", this from Guitar Hero.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by Larz; 12-02-2008, 09:22 PM.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

I am not a country music fan, but I have heard plenty of Brad Paisley. He is a terrific player.

Comment

Love Brad...But love his wife more! The boy can flat out play.
          www.JerryRobison.com
          '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
            This Cluster Pluck tune is off Brad Paisley's new "guitar album" and features Paisley, James Burton, Albert Lee, Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Steve Wariner, Redd Volkaert and John Jorgenson.

Some fine tele playing here if you're into this type of music. If not, nothing to see here I guess.

Video doesn't show them playing, but just identifies who is playing during the tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6BJ2E8eKww
            That helps a lot. I was having trouble identifying all the players.

Agreed that Paisley is a great player. I caught him live in town recently and was floored. I knew he was good, but jeez does he cut loose live!

Comment

Cool tune, Brad is a great player.

I'm personally a huge fan of Brent Mason... incredible chops, tone and feel and he can play amazingly beautiful melodies... also a great western swing and jazz player.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Ugly, but the Master Plucker of the Pluckees!
                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                X