New Iced Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Iced Earth

Has anybody heard the crucible of man? I think it's great, good to have Matt Barlow back!
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Yeah I have it and it's nice to hear him back, because his voice is Iced Earth, no doubt about it. I think the album kicks some ass too!
    I'm more of a Ripper Owens fan myself though.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I got it when it came out in anticipation of having the "old" Iced Earth sound back and man was I not disapointed. The CD kicks ass!!! The last two albums just didn't have the "sound" of the older albums, and that includes Owen's voice. No offense to him but Iced Earth is back now. I was very happy with what I heard on the new CD.
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Absolutley outstanding!!! I listened to it quite a few times and the songs have metal hooks that don't let go..and that's good. That element was missing with Tim in the band. I'm sorry, I like Tim, he's a cool and talented guy but he sounds like a monotone Halford wannabe that quivers more than Stevie Nicks..he's a one trick screaming pony show (one of thousands) and his vocal lines and harmonies just suck and completly uninspiring IMO. He was great in "Jugulator"..that was his high point..it was all downhill from there. Matt Barlow is better than ever..that fucker has power, range, dynamics, his deliverly is flawless and captivating and most importantly ..distinct and original..everything a metal singer should be.

Iced Earth is back!!!!!

As far as Jon's tone..THAT sound is 100% Uberschall..now that's what an Uberschall really sounds like!!! ..and I know this!!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Isn't Jon using a Larry Dino?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonVHT View Post
            Isn't Jon using a Larry Dino?
            He used a Larry with a BBE 422 in the loop and A/B switch with a Roland Jazz chorus until Horrorshow. I talked to Jon about amps for a bit and told him about the Bogner. When I saw him on TGB tour he used an Uberschall..and just used both channels..he sounded amazing of course. Ralp Santolla filled in the middle freqs with a Soldano SLO..which blended perfectly with the Bogner's low end "chug". I did get to speak with John briefly at that time. As he passed by me, I shouted "so how's the Uber compared to the Larry?"..he stated.."There
            s is no comparison!"..and smirked.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X