Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Saw them in Minneapolis last night. Overall Best rock show I think I have ever seen.

I have seen a lot of good bands as have many people here. What set this apart is the unique blend of musical styles and the show itself.

Light show is unbelievable. Highly recommended - don't miss if you get the chance to see them.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

I saw the afternoon show. It was nice to finally hear Paul Oneil dedicate the 2nd half of show to the worlds most underrated guitarist ever Cris Oliva of Savatage gone 15 years. TSO was just a side project of Savatage then it took off and Savatage has been on the back burner.

MrHiwatt
    Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
    RR1 Black
    RR1 Blue ghost flames
    Stealth EX
    Hamer Studio
    Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

I'm going to see them this coming Friday night on Long Island. I'm really looking forward to it, I've never seen them before. The past few years, something always came up the night they were in town. I can't wait. I'm taking my 15 y/o son (very big metal head) and my 12 y/o daughter too (my wife didn't want to go....I think she justs want to be alone for a few hours ) Should be fun, I have all the CD's now finally I can see them live!
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Who's doing guitar on the east coast gigs?

It is still two different teams doing it this year right? West and East coast?

Comment

Saw them yesterday as well...3pm show at Xcel...the lights/fire show was great! Let alone the incredible musicianship of the whole group!

Comment

East coast is Caffery and Skolnick. West coast is Pitrelli and Angus Clark. Saw them in Raleigh. FLAWLESS!! Best show I have ever seen. Kids loved it as well.

Comment

That's awesome... Not a fan of Pitrelli...

I suppose I'm east coast in Ohio.

Comment

You're correct. Chicago also gets the East coast group this year. (Jan. 3) I kinda wish they'd alternate some of the border states, or better yet, switch the cities around.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I was at the 3 PM show in St. Paul as well. Brough my parents with my daughter and I.

It was a good show, as always. This is the 5th time my daughter and I have gone. Two ommissions were Anna Phoebe on Violin (my daughter's favorite performer) and "Queen of the Winter Night" (my daughter's favorite song).

It was snowing in St. Paul that afternoon, and there were three other events going on, so driving and parking were a pain. It wasn't so bad leaving, but the snow hadn't stopped yet. Was a v-e-r-y cautios drive home...

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                    Not a fan of Pitrelli...
                    I'm just the opposite. I think Al is in a perfect setting for his skills. Broken leg and all!
                    "POOP"

Comment

I saw them in Raleigh last month and they were awesome as usual....I wish Chris was still playing Jacksons instead of Deans though.
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Chris'Santa Vee is a hurting unit.. I got a quick look at it during the 2007 Doro tour... it needs some work..,. we didn't have time or room to bring it on the bus, otherwsise I'd have worked on it the 3 days off I got that entire tour month ! lol
                        That Dean Caddy is pretty nice for Korean model, though the nut sucked !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                          I saw them in Raleigh last month and they were awesome as usual....I wish Chris was still playing Jacksons instead of Deans though.
                          I was at the Raleigh show also. Chris was putting on a Dean commercial. Must have used 5 or six of them. Although he did use the V once, if I remember. He also used his 3HB Les Paul quite a bit. I think Alex used 2 Heritage LPs the entire night. He used his main one probably 95% of the time.

Comment

In St. Paul, Angus used his Strat and SG for the first part of the show; for the second part, he played his white Rhoads most of the time. No sign of his custom shop Rhoads he used in past years.

Al looked like he was using Les Pauls pretty much th ewhole time.

- E.
                            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Just got back from the Long Island show at Nassau Coliseum. Show was great, especially the 2nd half. That part rocked better than the 1st half. Best part was the special guest they brought out towards the end. Steven Tyler came up on stage with his mike stand and sang a couple of Aerosmith tunes, Sweet Emotion and Dream On. The place went crazy. Was a great show. My kids said they want to go back next year.
                              Guitars:
                              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                              1988 Model 2,
                              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                              RR3
                              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                              2005 SG Special

Comment

Working...
                              X