No announcement yet.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw them on PBS last night - Ghosts of Christmas Eve I think it was called.

They're in Memphis the 23rd, but I gotta werk
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
      Just got back from the Long Island show at Nassau Coliseum. Show was great, especially the 2nd half. That part rocked better than the 1st half. Best part was the special guest they brought out towards the end. Steven Tyler came up on stage with his mike stand and sang a couple of Aerosmith tunes, Sweet Emotion and Dream On. The place went crazy. Was a great show. My kids said they want to go back next year.

I was there last night too. First time I had ever seen them. It was a GREAT show! I seriously dug the whole vibe... though I admit I was skeptical at first. Tyler was great, and or course the crowd was really into it.

Major kudos to Caffrey for mentioning the 15 anniversary of Criss Oliva's passing. For me, the whole TSO concept is more a "Savatage and Friends" thing anyway. Great to see some excellent musicians having universal success for a change. As many times as Caffrey mentioned the old Savatage days (when introducing Skolnick & Middleton, for example), I couldn't help but think most of the folks in the audience probably had no idea what he was talking about! Too bad though, as the 'Tage was an awesome band, and I bet many audience members would dig their older stuff.

Anyway, if you get a chance to see TSO...Just Do It!!

-Kenn

Comment

I agree about the old Savatage stuff. I broke out the old albums today and showed my son and then played some of it to show him where TSO originated from. Very cool show.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

Jeff (drummer) told me they had Tyler as a special guest. For me, it's hard to imagine Jeff playing with guys like that because I've known him for 20 years and we used to play in a band together. It's crazy how successful TSO has become, especially with the older crowd. I'm 42 and I felt young at the Worcester MA show, as I was surrounded by people with grey hair. When Chris mentioned Savatage, only a couple hundred people out of the 13,000 in attendance, seemed to know anything about Savatage.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

That's sad... And tragic Criss never got to see his vision really get to this point. He sure started something tho...

Comment

I've seen them for about 5 years straight now and the show just keeps getting better. It's because of seeing Caffery that I decided to pick up the guitar and especially because of him that I got turned on to Jackson's and to Savatage. To me Chris just doesn't look right without a Jackson RR in his hands. I know his Santa RR got messed up pretty bad when he painted a eye patch on it and then tried to remove it. I'd also heard him say that it needed a bit of other work as well.

Comment

Working...
              X