Ronni LeTekro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronni LeTekro

I broke out TNT Intuition yesterday and instantly remembered why I was so into that band. Talk about an underrated guitarist. Anyone know what he was using for gear back then? The vocals get a little tedious but the playing is great.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

You ain't kidding, that dude is BAD ASS. Wicked player for sure and wayyyyy underrated.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

One of my favorites. What a unique style. Ronnie has one of the fastest pick hands on the planet.

Comment

Nice Matt, your link got me to go to Ronni LeTekro' website. It's pretty intense, that guy is still going strong. His site has some pictures of his present day gear. He kicks butt for sure!

Comment

Ronnie Le Tekro is Awesome!!! Way underrated player that never got any real recognition. Now that I think about, I think I only remember one interview with him in the guitar rags back in the eighties. Seven Seas, Tor with the Hammer, Indian Summer, etc. Great songs. Going to have to bring those discs to work tomorrow.

Comment

There's a track toward the end of Intuition where Ronni and the drummer do a slow to fast chromatic run that's mind blowing. His technique is unbelievable.
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Here it is. The chord progressions and harmonies in this one are amazing and the chromatic run at about 2:45 is absolutely phenomenal.

Watch the video for Wisdom from TNT's Intuition for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists.

Comment

No question about it, Le Tekro is phenomenal. Nice guy, too.

Comment

back then he used an old 70's strat, modified marshalls, and some kind of tape echo for delays...he never went into much specifics about his gear in a lot of old interviews...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I e-mailed Ronnie back and forth a few times years ago and he said that he used old Marshall heads (JMP's, I think) that were retubed with National Electronics EL-34's and he always ran his heads on 220Volts. He said that really did make a big difference in his sound. Also, he ran a Roland space/tape echo which I believe boosted his signal slightly. Then he used a Boss SD-1, BOSS CE-2. As far as pickups go, I think he used a Duncan Custom and an Italian made Magnetics single coil.

From an interviewback in 1987: "For effects," says Ronni, "I have a rack with an electronic patch system. It enables me to hook all my effects into two channels of the sound mixer. I have a couple of Boss Harmonizers- I tried the Eventide, but for the difference in price it didn't sound much better- a Roland 3000 reverb unit, a CryBaby wah and a DeltaLab digital delay." I think he might mean a Roland SRV-2000 reverb.

On the Tell No Tales album, he used a mix between a Eventide SP 2016 reverb, Roland SRV 2000 reverb and a Korg Digital delay for the reverb.

"Currently he's using Seymour Duncan Custom on bridge, EMG SA-1 on neck.
                    Ibanez wah (according to articles; in pics, looks like a Crybaby to me; don't know much about Ibanez wahs), Digitech Whammy II (the black one), BOSS CE-2, BOSS BF-2, BOSS OD-1, BOSS SD-2, RE-150 Space Echo "

Comment

I love me some TNT.
                      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I saw Ronni and TNT open up for Ozzy in 2007, after Black Label had been on, and man...Ronni totally blew Zakk away IMHO. Amazing live performance! Tony Mills on vocals was cool too. He has a studio here in Norway somewhere in the woods a couple hours' drive from Oslo I think. He is quite a character but definitely knows his shit. A bit like YJM but with 1/4 the ego or something

Comment

Aw, NOW you're TALKING! Ronnie is one of my first, major influences. a major contributor to his sound is the Roland Space Echo. It is a tape echo unit, and he would crank the input on it, driving the unit. I remember reading where he denied using one, but, obviously, it became apparent, over time. even shown in some his pics on his site, at one time.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Awesome player - great tone.. songwriting has slipped though

Comment

Awesome player, but has been a bit too experimental for me recently. "My Religion" has been their best effort in decades however. I haven't heard much good about teh Tony Mills stuff, so I'm going to remember them for what they were.

Comment

Working...
                              X