Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my all time favorites..awesome chops and tone. His customized Strat:

Comment

I really dig Ronni, too. In addition to the modded Fender, he also used a Bernie Hamburger-built "1/4 Stepper" guitar. He's said to have used it on the "Intuition" disc, at least for a solo or two.

If you want to hear some pretty cool straight-ahead playing from Ronni, check out "Camouflage" by Wild Willy's Gang. It was a sort of Scandi super band.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Ronni is definatly one of the best Shredders to come out of the`80's!!!
        I'm always floored by his guitar tone on "Knights of the New Thunder"

Comment

Ahh that takes me back..good stuff!

Comment

Ronni is a great guitarist. Have seen TNT twice and both times was really amazing. Love those 10 minute machinegun soloes he does.

Comment

If you like Ronni ..you will LOVE Tore Otsby (Conception, Ark, DC Cooper, ect).

Here he is with Jorn Lande in ARK. Of course Ronni and Jorn did Vagabon..so there is that "connection".

Of course I can't find a proper video, but check out Tore starting at about 3:30..he sounds alot like Ronni. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j613rTICuE

Here they are live..same song.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV6C3yZPpkY

Also, check out Starbreaker w/ Magnus Karlsson)Midnight Sun, Last Tribe) and Tony Harnell (TNT,Westworld) ..awesome stuff for any Ronni/TNT fan!!

I have TNT's entire body of work..the only one I don't care for is Firefly. But that was a very funky time for guitar/metal..and alot of bands such as Dokken, Lynch mob, Queensryche, Megadeth, ect attempted to find their footing in the NU world.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have Firefly and Live, both on one disk. It isn't the best example of TNT, but TNT none the less. Still think the first couple albums were great, though.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                  I have Firefly and Live, both on one disk. It isn't the best example of TNT, but TNT none the less.
                  Yeah, you got that right. Horrible.
                  Last edited by chrisolson; 12-31-2008, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Tony Harnell is one of my favorite vocalists, and LeTekro is amazing. WTF's up with the new TNT/Tony Mills albums, though. They're bloody awful!
                    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I finally picked up TNT's My Religion last weekend and it's great! It's got a real classic TNT vibe and the songs plus guitar work are excellent.
                      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                        I finally picked up TNT's My Religion last weekend and it's great! It's got a real classic TNT vibe and the songs plus guitar work are excellent.
                        Arguably one of their best.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                          That's phenomenal album! "Lonely Nights' has an awesome hook in it.

The last two TNT discs, the ones without Tony Harnell, have gotten universally bad reviews. I've held off getting them.

By the way, Ronni has two solo discs. I have "Extra Strong String" and it's a bit trippy. I haven't heard his latest one.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                            The last two TNT discs, the ones without Tony Harnell, have gotten universally bad reviews. I've held off getting them.
                            SAme here. I don't want them to piss me off for the last time.

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                            By the way, Ronni has two solo discs. I have "Extra Strong String" and it's a bit trippy.
                            I was not impressed in the least. Nor was I with Vagabound.

Be warned - don't expect TNT songs or riffage on his solo stuff.

Comment

I also haven't heard any of the new stuff with the new singer, but I've read nothing bad but reviews. No desire to hear it at all. For me, Tony Harnell was always one of the most amazing singers.
                              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Working...
                              X