No announcement yet.

Any Lynch fans out there-g lynch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invest in some software like Amazing Slow Downer. For $40 I can now play along with any song using just one guitar without retuning - no matter how fucked up the pitch the song was recorded at. And yes, a lot of 80's stuff is either sharp or flat 1/4 step. RATT, Def Lep, and Dokken were three of the primary offenders.

Free download of Music/MIDI shareware software. CD-Player - Slow down the speed of music without changing the pitch / MIDI

"
    Amazing Slow Downer for Windows

Change the speed of the music - from 20% (one fifth speed) to 200% (double speed) without changing the pitch.

Wrong key? Change the pitch in semi-tones - at full or changed speed.

Out of tune? Adjust the pitch in cents (100ths of a semi-tone) to suit your instrument.

Real-time processing - all described above is done in real-time - just insert the CD and press the play button!

Also slows down MP3, Wave, Windows Media Audio, Ogg, FLAC and AAC/M4A files on your computer in real-time.
    Note: M4P files from the iTunes store is now supported.

Great stereo sound quality!"

Comment

Wasnt it just standard fare during the 70's-80's for recordings to be faster than the actual live music? I am sure we have some forumites on here that could answer that question. I remember reading it a couple of times somewhere that it was due to the technology of the time like what was previously mentioned. I didnt notice it as much after about 86-87, but digital was really taking hold then. As far as free software I use BESTPRACTICE 1.03 to slow down and even loop. It works pretty good and you can intentionally alter pitch without changing the length of the recording.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Vinny Vincent solos..

My wife says I sound like him sometimes..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Vinny Vincent solos..

My wife says I sound like him sometimes..
          As long as you dont "Look" like him! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
            Invest in some software like Amazing Slow Downer. For $40 I can now play along with any song using just one guitar without retuning - no matter how fucked up the pitch the song was recorded at. And yes, a lot of 80's stuff is either sharp or flat 1/4 step. RATT, Def Lep, and Dokken were three of the primary offenders.

Free download of Music/MIDI shareware software. CD-Player - Slow down the speed of music without changing the pitch / MIDI

"
            Amazing Slow Downer for Windows

Change the speed of the music - from 20% (one fifth speed) to 200% (double speed) without changing the pitch.

Wrong key? Change the pitch in semi-tones - at full or changed speed.

Out of tune? Adjust the pitch in cents (100ths of a semi-tone) to suit your instrument.

Real-time processing - all described above is done in real-time - just insert the CD and press the play button!

Also slows down MP3, Wave, Windows Media Audio, Ogg, FLAC and AAC/M4A files on your computer in real-time.
            Note: M4P files from the iTunes store is now supported.

Great stereo sound quality!"
            Winamp has a freeware plugin called "pacemaker" that do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
              It was kinda standard fare back then.
              Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Yeah but intentional? Or for the reasons I gave?
              Yep. Intentional. Especially WASP.

Comment

Pre-digital recording; a lot of time things went a little sharp or flat due to trying to synch up more than one reel of tape to increase the number of available tracks. Some of the Beatles stuff with their more progressive adding of mulitple tracks was done by synching up mulitple 4 track machines.. Sgt Peppers was done this way.. only thing is back then a four track machine was like 300 pounds! lol..
                You can also go back and listen to Layla.. Duane's slide outro drags and is slightly out of tune with the rest of the instruments.. his part was recorded with a different machine and they couldn't get the tape speeds to match during recording and mastering things down to stereo only made it worse. With older recordings usually its about a half step difference between the tuning during the recording/performance of the track and what you actually heard on LP or cassette.
                DiMarzio Endorsee
                www.dimarzio.com
                Morley Endorsee
                www.morley.com
                "Intelli-Shred" author
                www.myspace.com/intellishred
                NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

I'm sure there have been cases of manipulation with timing, but let's not give these guys too much credit. Those early AC/DC albums are all over the place tuning-wise, and I'm pretty sure Malcolm Young wasn't experimenting with microtones on his "A" chords.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    "...also who tunes to a bassist? i've never known anyone do that... "

Really..but you gotta, or visa versa...no?:think:
                    198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
                    1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
                    2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
                    2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
                    2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
                    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
                    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Working...
                    X