X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those old albums... was cleaning and going thru

my albums, and deciding which to move to storage, and which to keep in
    the house, and i come across Cheap Trick "All Shook Up"...signed by all
    members! Rick, Bunny, Tom, and Robin ) I forgot i had it... (the wife got them to sign it in 1980 at a
    Phx Concert.. but kinda cool imo.. Those guys were thin back then!
    So what albums do you have, signed ...from the heyday of when music
    was music, and men used hairspray ??

I have a flexi-disc from Guitar Player magazine from 1986, that featured Steve Vai playing Blue Powder for a Carvin X100B demo. Had him sign it a couple years ago when he was in town; he said "man I haven't seen one of these in a long time!".
    Greg

'86 Model 1
    '87 Model 2
    '88 Model 3A
    '88 Model 3DR
    '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

I have a signed original Polydor Japan CD release of Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force and Marching Out. It was as fanboy as I ever managed to be.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by 992gnt View Post
        I have a flexi-disc from Guitar Player magazine from 1986, that featured Steve Vai playing Blue Powder for a Carvin X100B demo. Had him sign it a couple years ago when he was in town; he said "man I haven't seen one of these in a long time!".
        I played the hell out of that flexi-disc back then.

Great stuff!!!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

I have Peace Sells of Megadeth signed by Dave Mustaine and the hired guns( I don't know why I had the other guys sign it, too)

And I have a The New Order LP of Testament signed by all the guys except for Louie Clemente.
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I have a Blizzard of Oz signed by all members. Now if I only knew where the fuck it was!
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I've got Michael Schenker's autograph on my "Assault Attack" CD. Got to hang out with Schenker and Robin McCauley during their acoustic "Nightmare" tour. Pretty cool - Jeff Pilson was playing rhythm guitar.

I also had Vandenberg's "Heading for a Storm" LP signed by Adrian when he did an instore autograph session for a Whitesnake promotion. I am not a big guy, but that guy was looking me in the eye sitting down. Holy crap is he tall!!!
              Last edited by ulijdavid; 12-30-2008, 03:42 PM.

Comment

i have "theater of salvation" and "mandrake" signed by all the members of edguy.

not exactly "old" though....
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a signed copy of Refuge Denied by Sanctuary up in my loft

on my wall I have framed signed copies of The Real Thing (FNM) and And Justice For All

And a signed Pride and Glory 8x10 Pic

Norton you're Lucky, a friend of mine went to a signing on the Youthanasia tour and wanted a copy of SFSGSW signed, both Dave's signed, Nick refused and Marty would only initial it.

Comment

There is a store on Long Island (Valley Stream) called "Slipped Disc." Back in the mid 80's they used to have a lot of in-store appearances by big name bands. I went quite a few times to get some autographs. The only rule was you had to buy their album there, that day to have it signed. I have albums signed by all members of: Queensryche, Ratt, WASP and (don't laugh-GASP) Wendy O Williams! It was a lot of fun going there and getting stuff signed. I still have all those albums too.

Also, recently I took my son to Sam Ash in Huntington, NY where they had a "meet-and-greet" with Twisted Sister minus Dee Snider (he didn't have any endorsements to hawk.) So, all the remaining band members were there and had a clinic under a tent during a heavy rain. They played a few songs with their manager, who is a decent singer. I got an old album signed by them. It was fun. Actually, the event is covered on the Epiphone website with pictures, including me standing with my son in the rain watching them play.
                    Guitars:
                    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                    1988 Model 2,
                    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                    RR3
                    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                    2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                      There is a store on Long Island (Valley Stream) called "Slipped Disc."
                      That's where I got my Peace Sells LP signed by Dave and crew when it first came out!
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Johnny Ramone signed a program for me once. He was really polite, we're the same age and he knew I was a baseball fan like him because I was wearing a LA Dodgers hat in Red Sox territory. He honestly just seemed like a regular dude who you could just shoot the breeze with. After we talked for as few minutes, we shook hands and he reached in his pocket and gave me a Ramones pick. It looked like the one he used that night because it wasn't new. Johnny was one of the best and I'll always remember that. I've met a few different "rock star" guys and Johnny Ramone and Frank Zappa were the ones that seemed the most regular and down to earth.

Comment

I have Iron Maidens Piece of Mind signed byt he whole band. Unfortunately it was in the Blaze era so no Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                            I have a Blizzard of Oz signed by all members. Now if I only knew where the fuck it was!
                            God Damn man! Find it !!

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                              There is a store on Long Island (Valley Stream) called "Slipped Disc." Back in the mid 80's they used to have a lot of in-store appearances by big name bands. I went quite a few times to get some autographs. The only rule was you had to buy their album there, that day to have it signed. I have albums signed by all members of: Queensryche, Ratt, WASP and (don't laugh-GASP) Wendy O Williams! It was a lot of fun going there and getting stuff signed. I still have all those albums too.

Also, recently I took my son to Sam Ash in Huntington, NY where they had a "meet-and-greet" with Twisted Sister minus Dee Snider (he didn't have any endorsements to hawk.) So, all the remaining band members were there and had a clinic under a tent during a heavy rain. They played a few songs with their manager, who is a decent singer. I got an old album signed by them. It was fun. Actually, the event is covered on the Epiphone website with pictures, including me standing with my son in the rain watching them play.

I loved Slipped Disc...but it just recently closed...they were a great bunch of guys with a great selection of music...

Comment

Working...
                              X