Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Mick Mars... interesting stuff..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Mick Mars... interesting stuff..

I knew he was sick, but now i know more about it, and why Mick is
    so limited in what he can do..

The best online guitar lessons are on Guitar Tricks! Learn how to play guitar with over 11,000 guitar lessons, hundreds of song lessons, and a robust community for help and support on your guitar learning journey.
    Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-02-2009, 10:50 PM.

Very sad. He gave us some really great stuff. I still love Shout at the Devil.

Comment

Very underrated rhythm player!

Comment

Awesome read! Thanks!
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Very sad. He gave us some really great stuff. I still love Shout at the Devil.
          Yes, who of us hasnt been influenced by him? Smokin in the boys room
          for me.. great guitar work, and flair.. Great tone over the years too!

Comment

I always loved Mick's playing. He's one of those "band" players, which was rare in the heyday of the 80's - always playing within the song. You never got a sense that the song was just a vehicle for him to wank. Whether it was noise, or little stabs and double stops, slides and bends - it fit the song. Then every once in a while, he would rip out some wicked licks.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Ah, the 80's... Monsters of Rock 84 in Karslruhe Germany... Crue opened.

Comment

I remember flipping through the channels and landing on the video "Looks That Kill" and thinking "damn, someone lit a fire under KISS's ass!"
                "POOP"

Comment

Twisted Sister got me into metal, but then a buddy of mine turned me on to "Shout at the Devil". It was all over at that point, I had a new favorite band!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Twisted Sister got me into metal, but then a buddy of mine turned me on to "Shout at the Devil". It was all over at that point, I had a new favorite band!

A cool drizzly summer morning when suddenly Twisted Sister's Dee Snider opened Monsters of Rock 83 with:

"Fuck the rain! Let it rain on Duran Duran!"

Ah, the memories... sure beats changing diapers.

Comment

One of my favorites from the 80's. He has some major perseverance with such a debilitating disease. In other words, he's got balls of steel.
                      Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        Yes, who of us hasnt been influenced by him? Smokin in the boys room
                        for me.. great guitar work, and flair.. Great tone over the years too!

Uh....well.......ME, actually. No offense, but I never really dug Mick's playing, and never cared for his tones. Doesn't mean I don't like Crue. Crue was one of the first metal bands I REALLY got into, thanks to the Shout At The Devil album. Really dug Too Fast... also, but then they really lost me with Theater Of Pain, and never completely got me back, after that. Still, it's sad to see the state he's in, and I wish him well.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Mick Rules!

Comment

Good read, thanks.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

one of the heaviest and tightest players I've ever seen, HUGE live sound.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X