Helloween - Gambling with the Devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helloween - Gambling with the Devil

Hey, has anyone else here picked up Gambling with the Devil? It kind of slipped past me until I found it at a record store that's going out of business.

I think it's better than a lot of the more recent Helloween releases. I'm still taking it all in ... some cool stuff, but with some of the usual Helloween mis-steps (too much keyboard stuff, in parts).

Did not care for it much. Tried and tried to listen but just not doing it for me.

Comment

i agree. i used to love them, but i am disappointed with almost every relase since "the dark ride"
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have this one and Rabbit Don't Come Easy.

Rabbit is 1/2 good, 1/2 suck.

I think Gambling is better overall. There's a few songs with really really lame happy german power metal choruses but its still a decent record.

I'm not familiar with any other Helloween, never listened to them back in the day.

Comment

Andi Deris is one of my top 5 singers ever, but I would have rather seen him stay in Pink Cream 69.

Comment

+1
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
              I have this one and Rabbit Don't Come Easy.

Rabbit is 1/2 good, 1/2 suck.

I think Gambling is better overall. There's a few songs with really really lame happy german power metal choruses but its still a decent record.

I'm not familiar with any other Helloween, never listened to them back in the day.
              Ah, yes ... the overly happy German power metal chorus - exactly. They can really screw up a good song with too much of that.

Comment

"You can do EEEEET! Nothing to EEEEET!"
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

There's that one song on Rabbit..."don't you stop being crazy...." lamest song ever.

Comment

I've never been the biggest Helloween fan... I enjoyed Keeper 1 & 2 and the Dark Ride, but after the crapiness of Keeper of the Seven Keys: The Legacy, I'm a bit leary of buying any of their new stuff.

Comment

i was hoping it would be better.. sadly, it's not
                      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                        "You can do EEEEET! Nothing to EEEEET!"
                        Ha, ha ... yep, that's what I'm talking about. Remember that song "I Can"?

Comment

Working...
                        X