No announcement yet.

Jeff Loomis is to be featured on an instructional DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlike typical MANY paint-by-numbers technical players, Jeff stands alone! He's the most original/creative metal guitarist that has emerged in the last 15 years or so. He definitely has a lot to say and plays from the heart. He doesn't know theory, and applies what little he does know to his writing/playing. He always told me he gets an idea in his head and he just "goes for it"..that's it.

Sure, there is many gifted players/shredders, especially in metal circles but none seem to stand out like Jeff does IMO. I immediately knew I heard something special when I first heard/saw him back in late '96..and I told him so. It was like hearing players such as Ed or Yngwie for the first time. No other player did that for me, and trust me I've heard 'em all.

When I told him he was as good as anyone 13 years ago. He stated "Bill you're fucking crazy man"..No, I knew what I heard. But like the greats, he's a very visual performer..he's so natural at what he does..you can't fully appreciate until you watch this guy up close and personal.

IMO, he is the next generation of shred guitar. In the beginning there was Jimi, then there Iommi, then king Edward, then Yngwie..now Jeff is the new king for so many guitarist in-the-know. Sure there is countless great in the mix and no need to name them all because you'll only recognize half of them. But these guys really raised the bar for the majority of players out there, and left the biggest mark.

Did you know Dave Mustaine left an open door for Jeff a long time ago. Jeff declined, because Megadeth is Dave's baby..NM is Jeff's. You must give give the guys credit for that alone..he never comprimised or stifled his ablities for fame much like Uli Roth. Who have became friends BTW..which really surpised me when Uli told me that. Uli really holds Jeff in high regaurd, and visa versa. We know that Marty does, but Marty and Heff are old freinds..actually it was a 16 year old Jeff Loomis that told Marty to audition for Megadeth, when he was too yound for the part..so we have Jeff to thank for that great combination. Now we have Jeff to thank for Dave's current co-shredder Chris Broderick.

..and this is just the beginning. I wish all the best for him. He worked really hard and deserves 1/10 the attention that hacks always seem to get.

My contribution to the JCF in late 2001 (besides other metal) was bringing Jeff Loomis to the board. It was the least I could do. I couldn't keep that secret to myself. It was much to good not to share his greatness.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So what are you trying to say?

Comment

I got into Jeff through my guitar teacher about a year and a half ago. We still work on passages from various Nevermore songs and stuff from Zero Order Phase.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Picked this up today at Wegmans (they always have mags out early) super nice!

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Odin View Post
            Picked this up today at Wegmans (they always have mags out early) super nice!
            It any good?
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

havent watched through watching the whole dvd yet but its nice. Everything is set up for a 7-string with the tab. Mainly scales/arpeggios and chromatics.

Comment

for those interested, these are the songs Jeff teaches from:

Shouting Fire at a Funeral
                Jato Unit
                Devil Theory
                I, Voyager
                Inside Four Walls
                Enemies of Reality
                Miles of Machines

mainly either rhythms from songs or crazy solos, sweeps, etc

Comment

Working...