George's best solo in years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soap View Post
    Endrik, I love ya man and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    But that wasn't George's better stuff.
    If you want a Lynch tune a masterpiece to listen too, listen to "I Will Remember" all the way through. Since that tune, he hasn't done a thing that's even close to equal it. Imo, it's his best its stellar lynch work.

Then again what I think is a great tune may suck to others.
    Even so, give that tune a listening too.
    dude, I've heard everything that George has done, and I KNOW that his best stuff was years ago but notice is said best solo in YEARS, that means more recent era... what I posted isn't anywhere near to the genius stuff he did way back, but it's the best he has done in the recent era in my opinion.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    Me too Endrik. Your taste in guitar solo's sucks. :ROTF:
    well I guess so, also I can't stand the genius lead work of Dragonforce
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have some solo's he did for a japan mag,They are a lot smoother than he use to play,but not as injected with feeling..zakk wyde even digs lynch I read a mag where they were discussing diff players and he said something like just look at dokken,he hated dokken but said that lynch, dude he's amazing! and you could tell it was him no matter with whom he was play because of all the crazy shit he does. but that was then,and we all have are top guitarist, becker was badass!
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I'm not sure what the issue is...it's obviously just a jam over the progression. It's not a "thought out" solo but it still contains some cool licks. It's a far cry better than the slop he played when I saw him live 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          I'm hoping the tour w/ Gilbert & Kotzen gives him a jump-start. I've got to think (or at least hope) he's been working on the chops to gear up for that. Plus there's the new Lynch Mob release in the works. I think he's got something left in the tank, and maybe just needs to collaborate with the right people to bring it out.
          What?? Lynch, Gilbert, and Kotzen touring together? Tell me more!
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Even now, he's got to be better than that. That was f'n horrible!
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              exactly, while George is not the player he used to be... he still plays with style.... he can be sloppy, play weird notes or whatever... but still he always has his feel and all his bends and vibratos are in tune... those younger players who are 10 times faster than he was during his prime play really cleanly and whatnot but what they play is also very lame... zero feel and the intonation is horrible.

That's why I liked this solo, spontaneous noodling over a lame tune but with a real player's feel
              10 times faster than lynch? That solo in In My Dreans is pretty damn fast.

Comment

When the new Dokken album came out jon levin really put an old school lynch vibe all over it, I mean he sounded identical to the old lynch, dokken remarked that if lynch wanted to do a reunion that he would have to prove that he could still play like he use to.(and lynch would have to pay him 1 million) Well I saw Lynch at Rocklahoma this past year with oni logan(lynch mob) and he was incredible, he blew everyone away, he was playng like he did in 1990 but better, and none of that weird stuff he plays in those sam ash videos on youtube, I couldn't believe my ears! no weird stuff, just balls to the wall back for the attack shredding. He tore up Mr.scary and suprisingly played into the fire,with a two minute outro lead, Totally blew me away, he'll always be my favorite player.
                jackson pc-1 chameleon
                charvel model 4
                prs ce-24 emerald green
                ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                jackson rr ps 3t
                ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                engl thunder 50
                ibanez rg 565
                mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

I preferred this one.

TRACK LISTING:1) We Wish You A Merry XmasJeff Scott Soto, Bruce Kulick, Bob Kulick, Chris Wyse, Ray Luzier2) Santa Claus Is Coming To TownAlice Cooper, John ...

Comment

Ah...the "Orgasmatron"... :ROTF:

Comment

Harmonica Virgins.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                      X