I don't see too many threads about these guys so I'll start one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see too many threads about these guys so I'll start one

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Gorefest - "Freedom"

Take Sabbath-like athems, add Zeppelin-like riffs, Jimmy Page style leads and THIS guy...

...And you'll end up with an awesome song by an equally awesome band.

they sound more like Entombed in my opinion, some cool ideas but the vocals aren't very good
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

They have mellowed up a LOT! just like classic bands like Paradise lost and Amorphis did. Wonder why they do that and antagonize their entire fanbase. I stopped listening to them altogether. I used to own their mindloss album and thought it was really classic death metal stuff. But the video you posted above is just plain anti-death-metal and so anti-gorefest.

This is the gorefest I used to like.
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Sam

Comment

I'm digging the riffage .... Dislike the vocal style tho.

Just my opine.

A~
        All hail the 'King'
        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Yep..they changed ALOT!..much like Confessor...and other bands.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like their Erase album, nice riffage on that one! I also like the songs Raven and Dragon man. But I remember being surprised/chocked with this new style. I THINK that they've gone back to a more old-school sound now?

P.s. their cover of Kraftwerk's Autobahn is..... special....
            B är elakare! /Mårten hagström, Meshuggah

*Charvel 475
            *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

Working...
            X