My Childrens
    -------------
    Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
    Lefty RR1T trans black
    Lefty Sl2HT trans black
    Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Black metal bands need an evil motherfucker, Joe!
      http://www.racerxband.com/eviljoe.htm
      Evil Toe, that's fucking brilliant that link! I never knew the story about this song, but I love the song. It's hilarious to hear the lines spoken in a phone call!

"I'm a evil motherfucker Joe, you know that? I done shot a motherfucker!"
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

The biggest and best recommendation I can give is 'Embraced'. I like those guys more and more as time passes, crazy good band to be unheard of!

Comment

Some BM suggestions:
          They vary in styles (sub-genres) of Black Metal (BM)
          Deathspell Omega (French but very evil)
          Wolves in the Throne Room (US BM)
          Nachtmystium (US BM)
          Darkthrone (Transylvanian Hunger a classic!)
          Glorior Belli
          Leviathan (One man attack on humanity)

End-joy!

Comment

nice list. i just saw Nachmystium not too long ago. great show.

Comment

Originally posted by ke3freak View Post
              nice list. i just saw Nachmystium not too long ago. great show.
              Nice! Yeah, those guys have become 'The New Wave of American Black Metal". Also others have called them 'Psychedelic Black Metal'. They're new record is killer. Go pick it up!

Comment

Old Man's Child - the new album should be out soon and I can't wait to hear it.
                Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
                At The Gates
                I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Black metal fan here...I play jacksons and I am in a band. does that count? Everybody used to play Jacksons before...now, everyone plays ESPee's.

I'm actually listening to blackmetalradio.com as I read this thread.

Enslaved
                  Emperor
                  Dimmu Borgir
                  Old Man's Child (although their newer stuff seems to be more Death metalish)
                  Satyricon (traditional BM)
                  Immortal
                  Cradle of filth
                  Dark Throne
                  Naglfar
                  Dark Fortress Especially their Stab Wounds
                  Carpathian Forest

too many to name.
                  Last edited by emperor_black; 02-04-2009, 05:25 PM.
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by outsider666 View Post
                    Old Man's Child - the new album should be out soon and I can't wait to hear it.
                    Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
                    At The Gates
                    At the Gates isn't black, definitive Gothenburg.
                    (by the way, slaughter of the soul is the best death metal record ever )
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

don't see much real black metal here... same bands all over again... if a band is mentioned more than once than they are not real black metal
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        Black metal fan here...I play jacksons and I am in a band. does that count? Everybody used to play Jacksons before...now, everyone plays ESPee's.

I'm actually listening to blackmetalradio.com as I read this thread.

Enslaved
                        Emperor
                        Dimmu Borgir
                        Old Man's Child (although their newer stuff seems to be more Death metalish)
                        Satyricon (traditional BM)
                        Immortal
                        Cradle of filth
                        Dark Throne
                        Naglfar
                        Dark Fortress Especially their Stab Wounds
                        Carpathian Forest

too many to name.
                        yea i dont get that. i moved from esp to jackson. and the only reason i had an esp was they where dirt cheep. lol
                        nice list by the way. i was a big old mans child fan back in the day.

Comment

Mostly any more if i listen to BM, i listen to the ones that came first and showed promise and talent beyond the "black metal" label.

Satyricon - one of my favorite bands,...ever - Still Alive and Killing
                          Emperor - Rip
                          Immortal - Rip
                          Dissection - Rip
                          Old Mans Child - listen to them a lot still, i don't think i ever considered them BM tho
                          Malignant Eternal - Far beyond the Sun, frikin awesome album
                          Gorgoroth
                          ect..

these bands i was listening to when all they had out were demos, cept - omc, dissection, and i know theres a ton of other bands that i haven't mentioned, but these are the ones i still listen to mostly.
                          Most of the stuff i have/had, it's all on cassette tapes so (RIP)
                          Last edited by Trem; 02-04-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

haha. awsome! yea most of my BM collection is vinyl.

Comment

Here's an interesting fact for all you black metallers...Emperor's 'Into the Nightside Eclipse', which many consider one of the best atmospheric black metal albums ever recorded, was recorded entirely on a Peavey bandit 1x12 combo.
                              Sam

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, there is only one true Black Metal band, the band that invented it:

VENOM!!!!!!

What you should remember about Black Metal (the other stuff, not TRUE Black Metal, as played by Venom):

Anyone else who wears Kiss make-up = GAY
                                Anyone who has keyboards = GAY
                                Anyone who has a logo you can't fucking read = GAY
                                Anyone who sounds like they are gargling cum = GAY
                                Anyone who has a made-up name consisting of random letters thrown together that may, or may not, when pronounced, sound like someone pulling a 24" Anal Intruder out of their dirtbox. Sideways. That = GAY.
                                Anyone who tortures hamsters and brands a cross on his forehead = GAY
                                Anyone who used to spend 6 months of the year in the dark bumming their family whilst getting pissed on home-made vodka, before discovering church burning = GAY
                                Anyone who has sold less then 5,000 records = GAY. That's RECORDS, not tapes, nor CDs burned at home. I mean, they spent money having pressings done in advance, not waited until some post dribbled through to their PO Box (with a scary name like "The Jaws of Hell, 'Death to the Nazarene' Youth Club Hall, Crucifixion St, Brighton) before rattling one off on their computer (oo-er). = GAY
                                Anyone who has posed for photos in a deserted wood in winter = GAY
                                Anyone who just likes BM because it upsets their parents = Repressed GAY.

Erm, do Possessed count? Bathory?
                                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                                X