Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic songs by legendary bands performed by the "wrong" line up of that band.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
    What about the Guitarists from Red Hot Chili Peppers? Frusciante did a good job replacing Hillel and he also did a good job of replacing himself since no one acknosledges that Navarro was in the band
    hahahahahaha!!! wasn't that navarro album the chilli peppers most rocked out album?? i don't listen to them, but i can't imagine navarro going all "funky" with RHCP
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
      megadeth after marty's departure

don't let dave mustaine hear you saying that!!!! after all, strings last longer just because he says so!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        hahahahahaha!!! wasn't that navarro album the chilli peppers most rocked out album?? i don't listen to them, but i can't imagine navarro going all "funky" with RHCP
        Yeah it wasn't really good though neither style really fit. Frusciante is one awesome guitarist I love his style and so is Navarro but honestly I don't really like the RHCP

I don't even know who is in Megadeth currently.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I gotta say that a lot of non-RHCP fans like One Hot Minute... it's still funky but with very strong alternative and prog rock flavor
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Endrik warped was a really good song with Navarro just in general the Band doesn't acknowledge that album at all, Frusciante has claimed to have never even heard it.

What about Vio-Lence was it the same after Rob left?
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

One Hot Minute was the last really good album that RHCP made in my opinion... I've heard that Frusciante doesn't want to play any songs from that release
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

here's young Frusciante playing kinda like Steve Vai at 4:35, kinda funny because Zappa wanted John to join his band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXNWg...e=channel_page

Comment

I have to say...AC/DC's case, was probably one of the best cases of having to replace a key member of a band and pulling it off. No, he was no Bon...but he did bring something else that was equally as good, in its own way. That was the best thing about it…He didn’t seem like an attempt, but still fit so good…

I have to agree with the Journey thing...Steve can't be replaced...but Dean (Drummer) is the best at nailing Steve Perry...Not too fond of the new guy...Lil' fact (and shameful opportunity to drop a name) My girlfriend took vocal instruction from Val (Bassist) at the Musicians Institute of LA. He said the problem with Perry was stage fright. Guess he had it quite bad and just made excuses...

I think the Dio era Sabbath was superior to the Ozzy stuff. Still like the Ozzy stuff…Just always thought Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules were more “Metal”.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                    megadeth after marty's departure
                    megadeth after poland's departure
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                      I have to say...AC/DC's case, was probably one of the best cases of having to replace a key member of a band and pulling it off. No, he was no Bon...but he did bring something else that was equally as good, in its own way. That was the best thing about it…He didn’t seem like an attempt, but still fit so good…

I have to agree with the Journey thing...Steve can't be replaced...but Dean (Drummer) is the best at nailing Steve Perry...Not too fond of the new guy...Lil' fact (and shameful opportunity to drop a name) My girlfriend took vocal instruction from Val (Bassist) at the Musicians Institute of LA. He said the problem with Perry was stage fright. Guess he had it quite bad and just made excuses...

I think the Dio era Sabbath was superior to the Ozzy stuff. Still like the Ozzy stuff…Just always thought Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules were more “Metal”.
                      Not too fond of the new guy in journey? Which one are you talking about? Because the "new" guy (arnel) sounds exactly like steve perry.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                        Not too fond of the new guy in journey? Which one are you talking about? Because the "new" guy (arnel) sounds exactly like steve perry.
                        Funny you just asked that, I just picked up Journey's Revelation (with the DVD) and Arnel is a great replacement...............
                        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                          Clipped your qoute down to the AC/DC.

It took me a while, but I have to agree!
                          I thought at first the gruff vocal style of BJ would wear thin fast, but has held up quite well.

The only thing missing is Bon's wry sense of humor.
                          No one could replace that.
                          Last edited by Cygnus X1; 02-03-2009, 05:50 PM.

Comment

No...Arnel doesn't sound "exactly" like Steve, because Steve didn't have an oriental accent...NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

He does a pretty good job but... http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FWC9MHgpL8U Still has a slight accent with some words and he tends to hold on to the phrases a bit too long for my taste...JMO...Great singer though...(I have the new CD/DVD as well.

This sound much closer to Steve...
                            http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9qIleW-ntj4

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                              Clipped your qoute down to the AC/DC.

It took me a while, but I have to agree!
                              I thought at first the gruff vocal style of BJ would wear thin fast, but has held up quite well.

The only thing missing is Bon's wry sense of humor.
                              No one could replace that.
                              I agree...Bon had the quintessential "Rockstar" thing goin on and his tongue in cheek lyrics were brilliant. They really should make a movie about Bon...

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                                One Hot Minute was the last really good album that RHCP made in my opinion... I've heard that Frusciante doesn't want to play any songs from that release
                                Apart from THIS one you mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbrSAP9xAvk

According to Anthony Kiedis' book "Scar Tissue" having Navarro in the band basically was like having Jack Sherman in the band again. Sherman who was drafted in for the recording of the RHCP debut album when Hillel Slovak was tied to a contract for another band called "What's this?", was a real nerdy kind of player who would triple check his gear, read the stars and do a prayer before even playing a note and would always work out what he was gonna play in advance. The reason why Sherman was accepted as a Chili pepper was that WHEN Sherman started to play he became a monster, fluid and virtuosic. But because the other Chili Peppers were screwing around with him so much, changing the setting on his amp and on his pedal, or unplugging his guitar during a gig just to loosen him up. His time with the Peppers was limited to only one album, regardless of that, Sherman has the honor of being the very first Chili Peppers guitarist to be immortalised on a recording.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmX6HFyKYFw
                                "True men don't kill Coyotes" The only RHCP music Video in which Jack Sherman appears.

Navarro according to "Scar Tissue" basically was the same story, quadruply checking his gear, working out his solos in advance, coming up with amazing tunes. But he wasn't a Jam player and the best of the RHCP's music was written during jam sessions and during his stint with the Peppers Navarro never attended a Jam session and simply didn't bond as friends with his fellow bandmembers
                                Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                                here's young Frusciante playing kinda like Steve Vai at 4:35, kinda funny because Zappa wanted John to join his band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXNWg...e=channel_page
                                The reason why he ultimately declined was that Zappa told him to quit doing heroin.

Frusciante still can shred with the best of them though, listen to his work on the Mars Volta album "Frances the mute" and most notably on "L 'via L 'viaquez" to really hear him buring up the fretboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14i_MpkeAO4
                                The RHCP live in 1989, see the 16 year old Frusciante tearing it up on his Ibanez RG, a rare pre-strat occurence.

Comment

Working...
                                X