Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reb Beach - "Black Magic" backing track.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reb Beach - "Black Magic" backing track.

Yes I know, Reb is phenomenal and he has better stuff, but I have looked EVERYWHERE and can't find a single version. Anybody got something to help me out here? :think:
    Ratt & Roll

no, but he got screwed on the new whitesnake album, especially the live bonus cd, Doug aldrich is twice as loud as he is on their solos.
    jackson pc-1 chameleon
    charvel model 4
    prs ce-24 emerald green
    ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
    jackson rr ps 3t
    ibanez rg 770 lazer red
    engl thunder 50
    ibanez rg 565
    mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Originally posted by gregthatshreds View Post
      no, but he got screwed on the new whitesnake album, especially the live bonus cd, Doug aldrich is twice as loud as he is on their solos.
      Hey, thanks for the comment, but that's sad to hear and painfully true. All i heard was Doug.
      Ratt & Roll

Comment

It is actually rather painful, I like Doug, but I think he has no taste or restraint in his playing, it's all full on, look at me, I've finally made it at 40 and I'm going to be the loudest player in the store...

I've instead always admired Reb's playing because he can shred with the best of them, but he's got taste and a personal, unique tone.

Comment

I agree
          jackson pc-1 chameleon
          charvel model 4
          prs ce-24 emerald green
          ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
          jackson rr ps 3t
          ibanez rg 770 lazer red
          engl thunder 50
          ibanez rg 565
          mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

I talked to Reb about that and he was a bit bummed. He recorded four solos for the album but Doug only used two of them and left off the two that Reb felt were his best...figures. Reb is just a hired gun whereas Doug is Whitesnake's musical director and has final say on everything (with the exception of Coverdale, who typically defers to Doug).

Personally, I like Reb's playing better but they are both great in their own ways.

Comment

what's all the hassle? new Whitesnake record was Doug's baby (he wrote, produced and engineered most of the stuff), David cave him that freedom and that is that. I would have done differently but I'm nobody.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Reb's a great player, and if it's the song I'm thinking of, why not make your own backing track? If it is the song i'm thinking of, it's pretty simplistic and would probably benefit to create your own version of it.
                Originally posted by horns666
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                  I talked to Reb about that and he was a bit bummed. He recorded four solos for the album but Doug only used two of them and left off the two that Reb felt were his best...figures. Reb is just a hired gun whereas Doug is Whitesnake's musical director and has final say on everything (with the exception of Coverdale, who typically defers to Doug).

Personally, I like Reb's playing better but they are both great in their own ways.
                  WOW that's really messed up.
                  Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                    Reb's a great player, and if it's the song I'm thinking of, why not make your own backing track? If it is the song i'm thinking of, it's pretty simplistic and would probably benefit to create your own version of it.
                    Yeah, I've thought about that too, but don't have the backing track software stuff.
                    Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
                      Yeah, I've thought about that too, but don't have the backing track software stuff.

You could tab it out (or dl) in Guitar Pro/Power Tab and use that as a backing track.. Not the best, but it's better then nothing.
                      Originally posted by horns666
                      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Is this a cover of the old Jazz/Louis Armstrong/Sinatra/Sammy Davis Jr type thing? "That old black magic has me in its spell/that old black magic that you weave so well"?

Coverdale's doing the David Lee Roth thing now?
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Is this a cover of the old Jazz/Louis Armstrong/Sinatra/Sammy Davis Jr type thing? "That old black magic has me in its spell/that old black magic that you weave so well"?

Coverdale's doing the David Lee Roth thing now?
                          A bit more flair! :-))

Reb beach playing black magic and giving some info about his Ibanez Signature Guitar .( slightly longer video then the one that's already on youtube , the vi...

Comment

Maybe send Gustavo an email? He may be able to send you his backing
                            track? BTW...he plays this better than Reb!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                              You could tab it out (or dl) in Guitar Pro/Power Tab and use that as a backing track.. Not the best, but it's better then nothing.
                              True, never looked into that. -Thanks man!
                              Ratt & Roll

Comment

Working...
                              X