Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont play anything like him...but i sure wish i did!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    Bobby, you MUST buy that Vetta..it's the only way to come close to playing like Greg Howe!!

:idea:I'm going to buy every piece of gear that my favorite guitar players use, so I can sound exactly like them..

I bought some Lebron James BB shoes for my son..now he will rule the NBA!!

I gotta bust da balls man!!

** HA!! you got me Bill ! Im such a Groupie! Now i do have have
    a signed album of Edgar Winter..and right after taking it home...i went
    to a pawn shop..bought a Sax...and yep! I can play Sax !! If only
    i could get one of Marcels Picks! LOL... Hey, ive been a fan of Gregs
    since late 87'..(just had to beat you by a month or two!).. Even have
    both of the "Howe2 Cds with brother Al... " Thats it...im buy a Vetta..
    Cornford...ESP Horizon custom... Im going to lose 100 lbs...and sweep pick! Should only take about 90 days, right? :-))

Comment

You're livin' large Bobby, and liking it..nothing wrong with that. You still have the enthusiasm. Yeah, I got the Howe II stuff with his bro. I saw them live and Al was doing a pretty good DLR, and they did a KILLER version of light up the sky and somebody get me a doctor. Barry Sparks was playing bass and was NOT having a good night. He literally had a temper tantrum behind the stage immediately after his solo spot. I remember standing next to Greg's women..she was pretty fuggin' hot. The band I recorded with Attaxe opened for them.

Rupe, my wife and I hung out with Reb and his wife for a couple hours. That fucker was killin' me with his tapping while we were having a conversation. He wasn't even paying attention to what he was playing..but I sure was! He looked at me funny and asked what was the matter..I told him he was fuggin' killin me.

John, since I saw Uli. I play while holding my tremolo arm and gently bend into paterns mostly done in fourths. I always do the diminished stuff, my comfort zone. I would break out my wah, but my fuggin' kid broke the switch somehow. Maybe it just needs to be adjusted..I dunno. I had that wah since '92 and it's mint. 250 lb gorillas wearing combat boots tour with that pedal. I let my kid barrow it for 1/2 an hour and he fucked it up in his socks..WTF??!!

Uli has so much finesse its disgusting. I feel like a Jerry's kid watching that guy.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Good heaven's this guy rocks!!!

Comment

Working...
        X