Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amazing Jeff Beck concert on Youtube (hi quality)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amazing Jeff Beck concert on Youtube (hi quality)

fuck, I have no words... pretty much shows you how ears, hands, volume and tone knob are way more important than tons of pedals, magical guitar amps or some other hi tech gear.

featuring
    Tal Wilkenfeld on bass (Australian wonder-girl)
    Vinnie Colaiuta on drums (no1 session drummer in LA, probably the most technical skin basher on the planet)
    Jason Rebello on keyboards

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

btw. you can see Robert Plant in the audience
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

We are not worthy....

Comment

Thanks for sharing that, Endrik.

Beck is truly one of the great electric guitar players of our time. An innovator to be sure.

So many different sounds and textures; All feel and technique. Not 'technique' in the sense of a shredder, but more so with what he does with all that's available to him on an electric guitar.

As a young lad, his self titled 'Jeff Beck Group' album had quite an influence on me. All the stuff he did in the song, Going Down was mesmerizing to me at the time.

To be honest, I never knew he finger picked so much. Here's an old vid from a tv show he did back in the early 70's. He's flatpicking mostly, playing an LP and using effect pedals.

Part 3 of a clip from a 1974 TV show featuring Jeff Beck.

I guess when one gets older, you tend to want to keep it simple. When you get to the point of player status as Jeff Beck has, you've earned it!
      G.

Comment

yeah... Jeff only gets better unlike most of his fellow mates from the 60's... you're a young guitar god and then where you go?... I guess Jeff figured it out that it's all about the nuances... going further and further with tone and feel as humanly possible. That's why the fingers came into play in the 80's... there's so much more you can do with fingers... so much more tonal and dynamic variety than with a pick... although it's trickier to do fast stuff and rhythm playing but that's not so important for him as Jeff is all about the tone... When you want to speak with the guitar... you gotta have the tone. Hence why he constantly plays with the tone and volume knob... to get the right frequencies, thickness and compression for specific notes. Of course he uses thick strings and high action so that the notes would sound fat and would have that acoustic/natural compression feel to them.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That man is a genius. I've got tickets for the Boston show coming up in a couple of weeks. Only $38 bucks to see one of the greats in a relatively small club (HOB).

Comment

*picks jaw up from the floor*

F'kin hell.

Comment

he is truly an amazing player. That damn strat is alive.

Comment

Ive commented a few times on how i dont like his "Shrill" tone.. so im not
                into Beck as far as buying any of his albums..
                But i did watch about 5 of those vids, and was Floored! His touch, and
                alien like "Feel" is exactly why HippieTim loves him, and im floored by his
                on stage artistry! He is like no other in history imo.. He has to ranked in
                the top 10 of all time, just for his "feel" and mastery over the instrument!
                That capo harmonic thing at the end, was the shit!

Comment

I am almost done with this dvd now and it is remarkable. He hasn't tuned the strat once and he rides the trem the entire set. Now I know you might think they edit that out, but I saw him live and he did the same thing...and Ithought the same thing. How the hell does he keep it in tune? Also, Joss Stone came out to do People Get Ready, which is my favorite tune. I dig her voice (not to mention she is hot, ) and she was great as well. They smoked it. The entire band seems to be having a blast on each song. Tal has a giant smile as she plays, which she seems to share with Jeff. Very good dvd...well worth the money even if you aren't a big Jeff Beck fan. If you dig music...BUY IT. These are super pros. You will learn something.

Comment

he has a wilkinson roller nut.... it does help to keep the strings in tune

Comment

Working...
                    X