Shawn Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Lane

I just wanted to say how truly amazing he was.

+ 1 fantastic player

Comment

sadly missed great player
      "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

I wish someone has a video of the gig where Ted Nugent challenged Shawn
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Didn't know the Nuge challenged Shawn, I only knew about the time he challenged Frank Marino. Bad move either way
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
            Didn't know the Nuge challenged Shawn, I only knew about the time he challenged Frank Marino. Bad move either way
            Yeah I knew about the Marino thing before but someone here recently said that The Nuge did the same thing to Shawn Lane
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                Yeah I knew about the Marino thing before but someone here recently said that The Nuge did the same thing to Shawn Lane
                Well, at least terrible Teddy aims high when he fucks himself!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post

I heard about that, I can only imagine that Ted would stop doing that after Shawn.
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

No disrespect meant, but I've never heard of Mr. Lane, nor the bands he was in (looking at Wikipedia). It also seems that he killed himself with cigarettes.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      No disrespect meant, but I've never heard of Mr. Lane, nor the bands he was in (looking at Wikipedia). It also seems that he killed himself with cigarettes.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au1haOoco2s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF5Pakk0rAw

Check those two out, Shawn was such an amazing talent even from a young age. He had Psoriasis and Psoriasis Arthritis also. If you look at the pictures from his youth he was super skinny, and when he was older he was a tank. I remember reading somewhere that it was from all the cortisone shots he had to take all the time because he was constantly in so much pain.
                      Originally posted by horns666
                      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

You check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmy3zKBRsg8

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmueqkhHyx8

Fucking amazing.
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

*** Spend an hour checking out his Youtube vids... truly a monster..
                            but not just a Rusty Cooley... more like David Gilmour at 300 mph!
                            Soul, passion, and deep emotion came from this true musician.
                            When my wife brought home "Powers of 10"...i actually at first didnt
                            like it. Thats how shallow, and superficial i am! Then after about the
                            4th listen, its started growing on me, and like a blinding light, i became
                            awe struck at what he was actually doing. And an even better keyboard
                            player. He was a bad ass lead player at 15 in "Black Oad Arkansas"...
                            and only got better. IMO he is like Johnny Hiland...in that his physical
                            appearance is shot...but his "Soul" is in your face. 2 absolutely killer
                            players who most likely will never see 50. (only Johnny can prove me wrong now, as Shawn didnt make it. One story i read was that Lynch,
                            and Kirk Hammet were in Missisippi one night, and woke up at about
                            3am, and they ran into eachother in the elevator trying to get downstairs.
                            Kirk told George..."i thought that was you playing"... George said..."Hell
                            ive never been that good ever"! Then they both went down to check out
                            the hotel house band, with Shawn Lane blazing. George said it was the
                            great exhibition of fretwork he had ever seen.

Last edited by Robert Burns; 05-22-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Shawn Lane

> The best player I've EVER seen in a cover band,back when he was with The Willys.

I've seen several of the VH cover bands,Ripper's band British Steel,etc. This guy rendered me speechless for days after that show. Tommy D.
                              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                              X