No announcement yet.

Rough Cutt On the TV show fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He comes into the screen from the right at 1:04...and I saw him a few more times as well.

Comment

Wow!

I used to rock to these guys, but that video was NOT in their glory.
      I am shaking my head over that one!

Comment

I have their both studio and their live cds. My band did "Take Her" and "Black Widow" about 25 years ago. Some songs held up with time...'bout 50%.

I may put that stuff on..but I just picked up the new Candlemass. They came out the same time as RC, and still kickin' MAJOR ass.

I paid 45 buck a pop for the Jap imports (with OBI) in the mid 90's. Did they ever re-isssue these. That was the case with most of these bands. Ex: Black N Blue's 1st cd used to fetch up to $300 on Ebay years ago. Now they re-issued those at $15. I bet whoever bought the original are pissed. Luckily, I bought 'em when new. But who knew?? Wo knew during the ebonic plague (The Clinton Years) this stuff would ever come back..most people and especially kids thought this was so gay. They thought bands like Iron Maiden was gay..remember that??!! When all this stuff was in the fuggin' dollar bins, and that's how I snagged alot of them. Like Insane Clown Pussy fucktards.. I can't wait 'till their kids see the photos of their fathers posin' with their possie, puffin' the boxers, sportin' the bling..serves 'em right...fuggin' dicks!! Let the punishment fit the fuggin' crime!!! :ROTF:

Besides, Randy Coven. Matt Thor was the only one I heard with a bass Kahler on his white G & L L2000. He used it on the intro to "Black Window" I emulated that by pushing the neck slightly forward while grabbing the E behind the nut..close 'nuff. Or if you practice with a drop D hipshot, which makes the E VERY slinky. It's kinda tricky but very doable. I had one bass Kahler on a Kramer Baretta with active EMGs (cool bass) .That was right after the band broke up..so I never got a chance to do the song the right way..well, besides home.
        Last edited by horns666; 06-16-2009, 11:37 PM.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          I paid 45 buck a pop for the Jap imports (with OBI) in the mid 90's. Did they ever re-isssue these. That was the case with most of these bands. Ex: Black N Blue's 1st cd used to fetch up to $300 on Ebay years ago. Now they re-issued those at $15. I bet whoever bought the original are pissed. Luckily, I bought 'em when new. But who knew??
          I was one of "those people" spending WAYYYYYYY too much money on cds about 10 years ago.

My only triumph - Leatherwolf (the 2nd one), which I got for $6.98. They had been going for @ $150-250 at the time.

I had most of the cds, but when the 90's hit and I was sick of it like everyone, I sold a lot of cds. I've since got most of them back, but they cost me a lot more to buy used than they did when they were new.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Besides, Randy Coven. Matt Thor was the only one I heard with a bass Kahler on his white G & L L2000. He used it on the intro to "Black Window" I emulated that by pushing the neck slightly forward while grabbing the E behind the nut..close 'nuff. Or if you practice with a drop D hipshot, which makes the E VERY slinky. It's kinda tricky but very doable. I had one bass Kahler on a Kramer Baretta with active EMGs (cool bass) .That was right after the band broke up..so I never got a chance to do the song the right way..well, besides home.
            Anything else that he ever used a Kahler on? I dig Black Widow, but with all those killer basses with Kahler bridges that he had, I always expected him to do a little bit more with it, you know? And on Black Widow, he only did such small dives.

How'd the Kramer stay in tune for you when you used the Kahler?
            From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Working...
            X