Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First dont miss Conan O'Brian on the Tonight Show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First dont miss Conan O'Brian on the Tonight Show...

Tonight. Chickenfoot...is the musical guest! All you young guys
    can see how a band is supposed to sound! :-))
    (us old farts gotta hang onto somthin'..)

Seen it.. LIKED it!! Joe gave Conan the guitar afterwards too..

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDpYVb2vRJ0

Here you go....

Comment

Cool performance! I really want to like them, but that song was just bad.

Comment

edit- That was painfully generic for soooo much talent!
          Last edited by horns666; 06-06-2009, 08:29 AM.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

very boring tune... satch's univbe part was cool though

the best thing was Chad Smith's shirt "I am not Will Ferrell"
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That dude looks exactly like Will Ferrell..

Last edited by horns666; 06-06-2009, 08:57 AM.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Satch's board certainly takes up some real estate.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

I enjoyed it, but I don't see me buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    That was painfully generic for soooo much talent!
                    I think this sums it up 100%. They'd spend a long time in the garage if they left their names out of the album cover.

And I actually went and bought the album. Serves me right, I guess.

Comment

It sucked, and I'm 51.
                      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

That particular song was weak but the album does rock! Definitely worth 10 bucks.

Comment

I watched some of their songs/performances on youtube.
                          With that said, live performances will not sound like the CD.

What I hear are "fun like" tunes that are mediocrity.
                          Meaning, they aren't bad but not great either.
                          Maybe their writing will improve with another CD or two down the road.
                          As of right now, I'm not feeling it.

If they (mainly Sammy, you can tell he's running the show ) would let Joe run loose with his writing skills, they then would have a very cool niche to the mix.

I can't speak for eveybody, but I can tell you Joe is holding back and as I said, I'm not talking about him showcasing his shredding skills either, instead his song writing. There's enough proof in the pudding that Joe can write some cool stuff, but I don't hear it with this band.

Will I buy it? No I won't.

There I've said it, now I'm walking away end of story.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I think Joe is f'ng this up. He sounds wooden. SRV would've done the crappiest generic rif and made you wet your pants.

Although Joe S is a total baddass on guitar, he's a yawner live.

Sammy isn't right for VH, but he has written a TON of songs that are lyrically solid and some rifs that really work.

It's almost like Joe wants them to be wooden. Like they are beneath him.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                              I think Joe is f'ng this up. He sounds wooden. SRV would've done the crappiest generic rif and made you wet your pants.
                              Stevie was incredible even on an off night.
                              When I need a swift pentatonic kick to the seat of my pants,
                              I throw on and crank it up, Tin Pan Alley live version.
                              Incredible tune stellar without question.

Your view is the complete opposite of mine.
                              I have to say, I never looked at it that way and you could be right as well.

I agree though completely, they do sound a bit too wooden.
                              Its like the song writing was forced and doesn't/didn't have a natural hook, feel, flow to it.
                              Last edited by Soap; 06-06-2009, 11:57 PM.
                              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                              X