Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First dont miss Conan O'Brian on the Tonight Show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe is amazing and wrote some really great instrumentals. This goes to show, better technical skills does NOT mean a better guitarist. I always thought Ed lost it, as many of us think. I always thought wouldn't be cool if a player like Dweezil, Vai, Satch (insert amazing player here) would rule if that were with Sammy/Dave, Michael Anthony ..and Alex, Bissonette..ect. Then it would sound like the firey old Van Halen...Not!

This shows that even at Ed's worst ..VH III with Gary Cherone is beyond BETTER than this IMO! Whatever ever happened to Sammy and Mike's release with Neil Schon they did years ago. :think:

I have friends that are "technically" better players that know theory and shit. But, they can't write for shit in a band setting. No feel, fire, groove, originality, creativity ..ect. They can sweep like crazy lightning tho. So what!

Vai in Whitesnake is a classic example, and the song he did with Ozzy "My little man" was lame.

So, it's not just Satch. It's a whole bunch of amazing players that just don't have the rught chemistry with certain people..Buckethead - Guns N Roses.

When I first heard of this project I had high hopes. I'm not the kinda person who listens to mediocre music over and over again until whatever lame hooks that are in songs actually stick. We ALL hum, sing or whistle the dumbest songs to ourselves..does that mean it's good..no.

Life too short, and time is too precious to be wasted on mediocre, half baked crap when unexpolred amazing, inspiring music..new and old should be enjoyed. Yet, people are much too lazy to expore and research music for themselves. It's much easier grabbing whatver is promoted..this is nothing more than fast food music. McDonal's is HUGE, but does that mean amazing food?

I like the occasional Big Mac..that's what this is IMO.

Food for thought...Music for thought.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Life too short, and time is too precious to be wasted on mediocre, half baked crap when unexpolred amazing, inspiring music..new and old should be enjoyed. Yet, people are much too lazy to expore and research music for themselves. It's much easier grabbing whatver is promoted..this is nothing more than fast food music. McDonal's is HUGE, but does that mean amazing food?

I like the occasional Big Mac..that's what this is IMO.

Food for thought...Music for thought.

Holy CRAP Bill!!!

What did the doc prescribe for you today? Supah Dupah Wicked Smaht Pills?

That was a pretty fuckin brilliant and simple analogy you just came up with man.

Impressive dude.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
        Holy CRAP Bill!!!

What did the doc prescribe for you today? Supah Dupah Wicked Smaht Pills?

That was a pretty fuckin brilliant and simple analogy you just came up with man.

Impressive dude.
        My doc FINALLY gave me back my zanax yesterday!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My god! What a bunch of bitches! :ROTF:
          You'd think this CD is a personal insult to you. hehehe..

I bought the CD, meh, it's ok. Not as good as it was pumped up to be but then, they never are these days. I did notice Sammys vocals seem to be buried a little farther down in the mix than he usually is. Sucks getting old.
          Actually, after my first listen all the way through, the production sucks ass. I'm not insulted because I doubt I could do a better job although there must be alot of people that can kick Joes ass..
          Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 06-10-2009, 06:44 PM.
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post

I bought the CD, meh, it's ok. Not as good as it was pumped up to be but then, they never are these days. I did notice Sammys vocals seem to be buried a little farther down in the mix than he usually is. Sucks getting old.
            Actually, after my first listen all the way through, the production sucks ass. I'm not insulted because I doubt I could do a better job although there must be alot of people that can kick Joes ass..
            Well, welcome to the club!!!

Comment

I can't wait until I'm a good enough player that I'm allowed an opinion on music other than Smashing Pumpkins & Nirvana....

Hail yesterday

Comment

Hail Yesterday!!!

Now THAT'S good fuggin' music..

Comment

Here G..even young cuties have a clue..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m9g9y7rPCg

it's catchin' on..

Comment

yea, I saw that one the other day!

did you catch this dude singing Brother? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3iih2phSh4
                    did a decent job, I thought
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I would imagine it being pretty hard singing that song without being dramatic. He did ok..but his heavy accent is a bit of a liability on that one.

Music/ lyrics should have some thought, and depth to them. This certainly applies to fun "party" music as well (too many examples to list) . Bands from the Sex Pistols to Testament have a sincere sense of purpose that's revealed in their music.

NO fuggin' way I would ever be in a band called Chickenfoot, with songs slapped together called .."Oh Yeah". No, I'm not technically better than Satch, but this writing just failed. There is members on this forum more deserving of support than this dribble.

The word "Insult" doesn't apply to any comments here. Just opinions of people that have been with these guys from the beginning. Fortunately, we have the luxury to sample music. Because I WOULD feel insulted if I actually wasted my valuable money on this crap, instead of giving to hard working, derserving bands that go generally unnoticed.

I discovered most people are 10 years behind. This is a fact of life IMO. Take Nevermore for example. There's several bands covering one of their 10 year old songs, and putting it on their product. It's a great song that will sound fresh 10 years from now. This stuff sounds stale and dated right outta the box...like a expired box of GENERIC crackers.

Like I said before, VH III was Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy..but it's better than Chickenfoot in comparison. Sure, Techical Ecstacy revealed brief moments of greatness..very brief.

I'm bored, so I have some time to shit all over another hyped up piece of crap. Oh..BTW..How's that Chinese Democracy?? I heard it was incredible!! I saw it at Best Buy and Target..the shelves were stuffed with 'em!!

Comment

Well, I did find the Conan performance to be a bit boring and uninspired. However, having listened to the CD a couple of times now, I have to give it a positive review. Is it the next "Operation Mindcrime" or "Master of Puppets"... uh ..no. But it is a good, uptempo rock record. I think the promotional references to Led Zep were a huge overstatment, but the CD does rock. I even agree that Sammy's lyric writing can be a bit, uh, shall we say .. "trite". But dammit, it's a fun record. I found myself groovin' to a couple of songs and humming some of the hooks.

When I first heard about this project, I had huge expectations, as I am sure most of you did. Those expectations were not quite met, but I can't trash the CD at all. If you're so inclined, give the whole CD a good listen. Or do what I did; Crank it in the car, and I bet by the end you'll find some songs you like...

-Kenn

Comment

Originally posted by kennslp View Post
                          Well, I did find the Conan performance to be a bit boring and uninspired. However, having listened to the CD a couple of times now, I have to give it a positive review. Is it the next "Operation Mindcrime" or "Master of Puppets"... uh ..no. But it is a good, uptempo rock record. I think the promotional references to Led Zep were a huge overstatment, but the CD does rock. I even agree that Sammy's lyric writing can be a bit, uh, shall we say .. "trite". But dammit, it's a fun record. I found myself groovin' to a couple of songs and humming some of the hooks.

When I first heard about this project, I had huge expectations, as I am sure most of you did. Those expectations were not quite met, but I can't trash the CD at all. If you're so inclined, give the whole CD a good listen. Or do what I did; Crank it in the car, and I bet by the end you'll find some songs you like...

-Kenn
                          +100000000

At least it's not the abomination that Heaven and Hell turned out to be.

Comment

+100000000

At least it's not the abomination that Heaven and Hell turned out to be.
                            Is is that bad? I'm glad I didn't buy it. I didn't care for what I heard. Dio is getting up there and it is finally starting to show.

Comment

I've heard alot of positive stuff about Heaven and Hell. Haven't heard it myself though.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                                I've heard alot of positive stuff about Heaven and Hell. Haven't heard it myself though.
                                Trust me, the term abortion doesn't quite describe it!

Comment

Working...
                                X