Schenker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schenker!

Looks like MSG is gonna try to tour the states again. He's supposed to be here 6/27...

Any bets on how long the tour lasts?

I bought tix to two shows in a row a few years ago and both were cancelled. so I'm out.

I've also seen him once w UFO and 2x w MSG.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I HOPE that the tour at least makes it here. I got shafted a couple of years ago, but I'm gonna try again.

Comment

He better make it to OKC, seeing as we got bumped out of our show so he could play!

Comment

I know one person who isn't so happy about that tour....

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94539

Matt

Comment

I'm seeing him tomorrow night...needless to say, I'm buying tix at the door...:ROTF:

And then it's Uli next week...I'm SO jacked....
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Uli!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

MSG just played at a place literally 5 minutes away from my house.. Checkin out clips on youtube.. Schenker seems to be doing alright.
                Originally posted by horns666
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                  I'm seeing him tomorrow night...needless to say, I'm buying tix at the door...:ROTF:
                  Well, I WAS going to see him last night ERRRR this morning...

Promoter added 2 warm-up acts (making it a 4 band bill) the day before the show to line his pockets...and it didn't start until 8pm...

Needless to say, I, and my 3 buddies who are actually employed and had to show up for work this morning, passed...

Comment

here's a clip my friend JRE made on 12.06 of MSG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anLc60ewKus

Comment

Well, I WAS going to see him last night ERRRR this morning...

Promoter added 2 warm-up acts (making it a 4 band bill) the day before the show to line his pockets...and it didn't start until 8pm...

Needless to say, I, and my 3 buddies who are actually employed and had to show up for work this morning, passed...
                      MSG took the stage at 10:30 and played until about 12:15 for the SD show. My friend didn't like the first 2 acts either.

I caught the Friday night show that was closer to my neck of the woods... Here's the 2 vids I took:

Into the Arena: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuAJp-qdj8o

Rock Bottom (The grand finale): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBYInGQ6riE

Comment

Thanks for posting the clips, I don't feel so bad now...

No problems with security harassing you with the camera? I know HOB are like hawks on camcorders...

Not sure how they squeezed 4 bands on in 4 hours, the 2 local bands must have only gotten 15 minutes each...

Comment

For some reason, the Canyon Club did not care at all about filming. Not that I mind at all...

We got 3 bands within the same timeframe as the 4 bands in the SD show. The second to last act, Doug Doppler, played to a backing track, so they only really needed to setup his amp and pedalboard. Either way, the sound quality/mix was pretty bad where I was - too much treble / high end, and the lead guitar was too low in the mix...

Comment

Thanks for posting the clips, I don't feel so bad now...

No problems with security harassing you with the camera? I know HOB are like hawks on camcorders...

Not sure how they squeezed 4 bands on in 4 hours, the 2 local bands must have only gotten 15 minutes each...
                            This may not been Schenker's best performance, but he sounds pretty damn good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                              This may not been Schenker's best performance, but he sounds pretty damn good to me.
                              Oops, I meant to say "I don't feel so bad about missing it, as I'm able to see a lot of it on YouTube", no insinuation to him being "off" intended!

Funny you mention Doppler playing to backing tracks - I know the guy that usually drums for him, and noticed that he wasn't on this tour...thought he got booted for another drummer, but I guess he was just too expensive!

Comment

Working...
                              X