Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all knew Shawn Lane was amazing..

But fuckin shit!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

i bet if he was thinner he would be in some super group it does show how gifted he was R.I.P Shawn
    "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

That's some beautiful guitar playing, not what I was expecting at all. I can see where gotwtt is coming from - if he looked like Steve Vai, he'd have been snapped up by someone like David Coverdale or Roth.
      Last edited by MartinBarre; 06-13-2009, 03:04 PM.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Unfortunately , it was not his "apetite" that made him fat. I think it was soemthing about his liver.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Holy Shit !! This must have been what George Lynch, and Kirk Hammet
          heard one night in a Memphis hotel...they both came running out into
          the hallway, and Kirk said to George.."I thought that was you playing"?
          George said..."Hell, im not THAT Good!"... Wish this was in perfect
          video quality... but lets see Rusty Cooley do this !! And to think...in 86'
          we all thought Eddie was the the baddest! :ROTF:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Think he was great on Guitar? Check out his keyboard prowess!

Watch the incredible Shawn Lane perform a great keyboard solo followed by an equally great guitar solo!
          Last edited by Robert Burns; 06-15-2009, 06:27 AM.

Comment

I was never really exposed to Shawn's playing until recently...I had heard OF him, but not actually heard him. I have to say he was one of the most talented musicians I have ever heard. His tone was fantastic. He was clean no matter how fast he played. No matter how fast or slow he played, it was always the most tasteful thing you'd ever heard! And it all seemed so effortless to him...RIP brother.

Comment

The only person that I think could come close to Shawn Lane, is Guthrie Govan, but even that is still a stretch..
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                Unfortunately , it was not his "apetite" that made him fat. I think it was soemthing about his liver.
                I can't remember the nature of his illness, but apparently the regular injections of cortisone to deal with it affected his weight too.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  I can't remember the nature of his illness, but apparently the regular injections of cortisone to deal with it affected his weight too.
                  He had a few weird cases of some arthritis, and I remember reading a thing he wrote that said his constant cortisone shots caused him to be so inflated all the time..

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                    I was never really exposed to Shawn's playing until recently...I had heard OF him, but not actually heard him. I have to say he was one of the most talented musicians I have ever heard. His tone was fantastic. He was clean no matter how fast he played. No matter how fast or slow he played, it was always the most tasteful thing you'd ever heard! And it all seemed so effortless to him...RIP brother.
                    ** Hard to find this CD...but "Powers of Ten"... That is an incredible
                    album! A masterpiece imo

Comment

I don't know if it's still available but Powers of Ten (the entire album) was a free download on his website a few years ago
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

He was a great player, no doubt. This wasn't one of his better moments though IMO. Yeah, he tore it up, but at the expense of the song. You can play for the song, or you can play to the song...this was a case of the latter. I'll take Jeff Beck's version any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                          He was a great player, no doubt. This wasn't one of his better moments though IMO. Yeah, he tore it up, but at the expense of the song. You can play for the song, or you can play to the song...this was a case of the latter. I'll take Jeff Beck's version any day.
                          Maybe on that song Rupe...but check out "Grey Piano's Flying"...
                          this embodies Flair... Hyperspeed..Tons of emotion...and imo the best
                          Phrasing EVER! Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                            He had a few weird cases of some arthritis, and I remember reading a thing he wrote that said his constant cortisone shots caused him to be so inflated all the time..
                            He suffered from psoriatic arthritis, which is a form of psoriasis that attacks the joints. There are better treatments than cortisone shots, but he couldn't afford them.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                              Maybe on that song Rupe...but check out "Grey Piano's Flying"...
                              this embodies Flair... Hyperspeed..Tons of emotion...and imo the best
                              Phrasing EVER! Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbPTe...eature=related
                              Like I said, "THIS wasn't one of his better moments"...referring to his walking all over People Get Ready. I'm a big fan of most of his original material...this tune absolutely kicks ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X