Anyone who loved the 80's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who loved the 80's...

has got to check out Sweden's scene right now, just some KILLER new bands...

Dynazty's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Gemini Five's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

CRASHDÏET *on tour*'s profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Cool! Is this the NWOSHM?

Comment

Nice find!
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

This is nothing new in Sweden. I compiled a list of bands like this when I joined the forum.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've been into Swedish metal for years. At the Gates, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Katatonia, October Tide.... Awesome music. By far better (IMO) than anything America has produced in a very long time.

I think Rust in Peace was the last American metal album I liked.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I find that those bands are using the same image of the 80's, to be funny, in a negative way.
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              This is nothing new in Sweden. I compiled a list of bands like this when I joined the forum.
              My point was that these particular bands are new and young, which is exciting IMO. I've been saying for a long time we need a new generation of energy. It's plain to see that the old faithful crew that carried the 80's is done (ie Dokken Ratt VH Poison Warrant Shotgun Messiah etc).

The singer in Dynazty is 20 years old, and IMO, is one of the best singers i've ever heard.

Comment

Musically speaking, its some of the better music I've heard in awhile.
                Definitely blows Chickenfoot away.
                The whole Sweden move 80's stuff or not, is so far better than anything here in America at the moment.

A good find and thanks for the links.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                  My point was that these particular bands are new and young, which is exciting IMO. I've been saying for a long time we need a new generation of energy. It's plain to see that the old faithful crew that carried the 80's is done (ie Dokken Ratt VH Poison Warrant Shotgun Messiah etc).

The singer in Dynasty is 20 years old, and IMO, is one of the best singers i've ever heard.
                  I understand, but this has always been the case in Sweden and Europe . Especially on Limb, Point and Zomba ect labels during the late 90's..they were very young too at the time. All influened by TNT, Dokken, Ratt, Lilian Axe, Shotgun Messiah..and so on. This is nothing new. Just a continuum of the same.

Actually there is too much to list, but I did compile a list for those into this music almost 8 years ago.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ken,

would you like to see if I can remeber some of these bands. I actually trade-in ALOT of AOR and 80's "style" bands that I have accumulated over the years. So much of that stuff is a bit fuzzy, but I still do have some , but I think they'll come to me.

I just hate Myspace, it bums out my PC for whatever reason. So I stick to youtube. That never seems to give me a prob.

Here's one with some of my favorite musicians Ralph Santolla guitar (Millennium, Iced Earth, Deicide, Death, obituary) , and the amazing Jorn Lande (too many bands to list). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYMV7...eature=relatedThis is just one example, but Millenium put out aprrox five releases during the 90's and early 2000s . This is more AOR (Adult Oriented Rock) like Gotthard, Jaded Heart, Pink Cream 69, Ten, Talisman ect, Talon, Last Tribe, Westworld, Starbreaker (Tony Harnell) Phantoms Opera with Mike Romeo (Symphony X).

But there is many bands that picked up the ball that Ratt and Dokken dropped during the late 90's. Seven Wishes is one that comes to mind. They were a very yound talented band that actually covered dokken tunes on their cds.

I'll post more if you want
                    Last edited by horns666; 06-14-2009, 08:49 PM.

Comment

There's always Edguy..they chaged their style ALOT. They dropped their neo-classical stuff and went stream lined American 80's metal big time..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y3CM...eature=channel

Comment

I thought the song was bad but men did that solo is a piece of shit!!!
                        '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                        '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                        custom made Les Paul
                        VOX Tonelab LE
                        Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                        ADA MP1
                        BBE 422A
                        Lexicon MPX-G2
                        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                        Support Your Local 81

Comment