No announcement yet.

Megadeth - Head Crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict this will be the best Megadeth release since RIP or CTE. I don't think I'll be disappointed because I've been a long time fan of fan of both Drover and Broderick.

I'm really looking forward to this. I knew I wasn't going to like anything Queenryche, Metallica, Ripper-Iced Earth, Chickenfoot, and Preist's Nostradamus, Heaven and Hell (so much for chemistry) and ect..therefore I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

But everything I've looked forward to in the last couple years hasn't let me down yet. Including Daath, Darkane, Warrel Dane, Barlow-Earth, Helstar, Scar Symmetry, Jeff Loomis ect..have exceeded my expectations. One thing I'm pretty cool with is forcasting lousy/great metal releases. Part of a life long obession of mine.

So, mark my words..this will be an ass kicker. Yet, it will just tie me over until the best metal release of 2010 and beyond is released..titled "The Obsidian Conspiracy".

BTW How's that Chinese Democracy..was it worth the wait? :ROTF:
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

BTW, Here's when John and I hooked up with Glen and Shawn and Eidolon. This is when they visited the JCF. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...horns666+rules

They are still members so....you better behave!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OOOOH, found this. Remember, I love Marty, but do you want Megadeth to sound like this crap?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

the solo is "OK" but not as good as it's supposed to be. Overall that was more painful than getting a prostate exam from a doctor wearing sandpaper gloves! UGH!

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        BTW How's that Chinese Democracy..was it worth the wait? :ROTF:

I was never a GnR fan, but I like it based on the fact that it does cover a large area of music. There's one track in particular "If the World" which is very R&B that is badass.....
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

This is a bit embarassing since I consider myself a metalhead, but until recently I never really listened to Megadeth- Why do I bring this horrendously embarassing fact up? Hopefully to make a broader point.

I've been a huge Maiden fan since Piece of Mind. Up until A Matter of Life & Death I was pretty critical of most stuff post- 7th Son. I've also been a big Metallica fan, but have been extremely critical of everything, really, post Justice.

I think this has alot to do with me and where I was when albums like Puppets & 7th Son hit- 86-88. I was 12-14 years old, sneaking over my buddy's house to smoke cigarettes, listening to this badass evil music, and going down his basement to steal a few minutes on his brother's USA Warlock & Marshall stack while he bashed the skins in the summer. Kick ASS times, and those albums were the sound track for all of that.

So not to beat it into the ground, but my feelings about releases for those bands I think have alot to do with what I had going on at the time, and my opinion of them is colored by that, maybe even moreso than what was going on with the music itself.

This isn't to say certain things suck or don't suck, but in a way I'm psyched that I "saved" Megadeth till now. I don't know who was in the band when, or even what album the songs are off of- I just know I put my Pandora Megadeth station on, and as songs really get me I download em. Some of them are off albums that probably "suck" in the Megadeth catalog, with the worst lineups, but I'm clueless, and with that ignorance comes some bliss.

Anyway, I'll stop navel gazing now. Alot of how art is perceived, I believe, has to do with what's going on with the audience when they first see/hear it as much as it has to do with what was going on with the artist.

Time for me to shut my heretic, ignorant mouth now. Sorry for the unsolicited, barely on topic blather
          Last edited by Vass; 07-08-2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Vass - there really is no Megadeth that you can go wrong with...with the exception of a couple of songs off of Risk and The World Needs a Hero. They have been an extremely consistent band,. regardless of the lineup.

The new song really reminds me of something off of Rust in Peace, which is exciting. I just hope the album comes across as fresh and not trying to relive the past.
            Scott

Comment

I think this song is good and all and I think the album will be great but I prefer the old ways of recording when everything wasnt so perfect
              "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
              Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I always thought Martys solos sounded too rehersed...I like the notes he plays...Just not enough fire...and Nick...Whats the big deal? So many drummers I can think of that more exciting.

I am happy for Shawn...I used to hang out at their Eidolon forum and he was always up for a chat and very appreciative of the support from fans...

Song sounds great!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I followed the roadrunner link and I missed it!

I don't suppose anyone took a copy they can post? or another link!

Thanks

Carl

Comment

It's on youtube.
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Die hard Mega-fan here:

I think Head Crusher is average. Dave's singing is not good. I don't like the "thrashy approach" at all. It was "back in the day" I want to hear some modern stuff. This song sounds older than most of the songs in Cryptic Writings for instance. Besides System Has Failed sounded 10x better with mid-tempo and slow songs.

The intro riff is boring and I can't say I like Broderick's soloing. Megadeth didn't have a good lead player after Pitrelli imo. Glen could play, Chris can shred like hell but they can't write a decent guitar solo.

I am not "too excited" about the album, but still I want hear all of it.
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                        Die hard Mega-fan here:

I think Head Crusher is average. Dave's singing is not good. I don't like the "thrashy approach" at all. It was "back in the day" I want to hear some modern stuff. This song sounds older than most of the songs in Cryptic Writings for instance. Besides System Has Failed sounded 10x better with mid-tempo and slow songs.

The intro riff is boring and I can't say I like Broderick's soloing. Megadeth didn't have a good lead player after Pitrelli imo. Glen could play, Chris can shred like hell but they can't write a decent guitar solo.

I am not "too excited" about the album, but still I want hear all of it.
                        While I respect your opinion, I have to disagree with you on a couple things.

1. Megadeth Die Hard fans have been bitching that they want Rust in Peace II, or Peace Sells II....in essence, OLDSCHOOL Megadeth style. While I like the whole catalog, the bulk of the Megs fans want what they want. Cryptic and Risk were good commercial albums, but for a band like Megadeth, that's not what they need to be doing. Leave the commercial poppy stuff to the corporate bands of today....there are SOOOOO many.

2. While I'm not a huge fan of the Glen solos on U.A. he has and can write some good solos. (ie. Eilodon and King Diamond)

3. Chris Brodrick is insane and can write and play great solos, give him some time to find his style within Megadeth......at least listen to the other tracks before passing judgement.

4. I think Al Pitrelli is a good studio musician, but was the least enjoyable guitarrist Megadeth has ever had. ESPECIALLY LIVE.
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Hell Yeah,,,cant wait till this is out.
                          MOSHON
                          DAVE
                          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I don't mind it. I just don't like how low Dave sings now. Then again, he is getting older. At least this doesn't sound like they're trying too hard to sound like their old music (Metallica's latest album, which I can't stand). I can see them getting a little thrashier having Broderick with them. He was in Nevermore after all.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                              Chris can compare but menza kicks the shit out of shawn
                              I agree Menza rules, one of my favorite drummers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                                I don't mind it. I just don't like how low Dave sings now. Then again, he is getting older. At least this doesn't sound like they're trying too hard to sound like their old music (Metallica's latest album, which I can't stand). I can see them getting a little thrashier having Broderick with them. He was in Nevermore after all.
                                I hated death magnetic it sounded nothing like old tallica it was horrible
                                "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                                Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Working...
                                X