Megadeth - Head Crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    He seems to be doing just fine without all that bulshhhhhhhiiiiiit! I have a feeling this is going to be an asscrusher of a 'Deth release. Maybe just as good as anything Dave put out since CTE.

My predictions are never wrong when it comes to metal. I'm the fuggin' Heavy Metal Jesus (Dream Evil song) !

He's makin' good coin off Dean..who wouldn't do that without sellin' out with your music. It's all about the fuggin' music!
    the hell with CTE, RIP is where its at

Comment

Sounds badass. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
        Fuck that lineup.

Ellefson's got his head up his ass in all matters Megadeth, so that's out the window. Nice guy, but not really 'into' 'Deth anymore.

Menza's doing his own thing, and I doubt he'd want to go back.

Marty's doin' his own thing as well, and his thing is a complete 180 from what metal in itself, let alone Megadeth, is.

This whole 'only Broderick is a good guitarist since Friedman' shit is bollox. It was with Friedman and the rest of the Co. that Megadeth started going downhill. People need to let go of that whole 'lineup drama'. They put out some In-fucking-credible work, some of which is around the top of my own list, but I'm strangely glad that the RIP lineup is dead. My opinion, this is their best lineup to date. My .02.
        while all this might be true, ellefson, friedman, dave, and menza had an energy while playing unmatched by any other line up....

an while im on this rant, metallica needs to dump lars, james needs to stop yelling whoa! and ooooh Yeah! every 10 secs, and hammet needs to turn off his damn wah

but anyway, we all agree dave should dump dean and just buy his own jacksons for tour and forget about endorsements

Comment

I'm going with Dred on this one

Anyone hear Ellefson's F5 bullsit?

Menza's solo "effort"?

Marty's techno song writing?

IMO..It ALL sucks the cock!!!

Megadeth is a metal band, Dave ALWAYS stays in-the-know of the best player that would fit his mold . He'd take Loomis in a HEARTBEAT, but Jeff's is comitted doing his thing instead of Dave's thing. To me, that's the epitome of being true. Medadeth is definetly bigger than Nevermore. Not better..just bigger.

IMO Jeff and possibly Broderick will wipe the floor with Marty..metally speaking! Jeff for sure..he'd kick the afro off Marty's balls IMO!..and he and Jason are good friends...amoung others.

Weird, this is the second guitarist I got to know (actually thanked me on their albums) that joined Megadeth..rub my head for luck I guess.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Let me get a crack at that noggin. :ROTF:

I actually like Marty's new efforts..They may not be metal but his composition and actual song writing has drastically improved.

Isn't a forum member here in a band with Menza?
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

will see, and i like to stir the pot, anyway, come on, no one esle is going to rant that dave needs a JACKSON, not a DEAN

im a death fan till the end, but so far RIP and Peace Sells are still my fav.'s

Comment

Well, you can write a great novel using a cheap Bic disposable, or kill with a cheap gun.

It's the artist, not the tool. Jackson needs Dave more than Dave needs Jackson!

Same goes for many amazing players..oh well.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  Well, you can write a great novel using a cheap Bic disposable, or kill with a cheap gun.

It's the artist, not the tool. Jackson needs Dave more than Dave needs Jackson!

Same goes for many amazing players..oh well.

I guess so, jackson really dropped the ball on letting alot of players go after the fender buyout

Comment

This whole 'only Broderick is a good guitarist since Friedman' shit is bollox. It was with Friedman and the rest of the Co. that Megadeth started going downhill.
                    I don't know for sure... but after reading much about Dave Mustaine (interviews, etc), I think the degradation of their music had far more to do with Dave Mustaine than the rest of the lineup. The dude is a total control freak. He has a "my way or the highway" attitude and it would have happened regardless of who else he played with.
                    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                      I don't know for sure... but after reading much about Dave Mustaine (interviews, etc), I think the degradation of their music had far more to do with Dave Mustaine than the rest of the lineup. The dude is a total control freak. He has a "my way or the highway" attitude and it would have happened regardless of who else he played with.
                      True stuff, Dave thought Jeff Young was cheating with his wife just cause he was on drugs. Even when he found out it was false, he still was a dick and fired him.
                      Originally posted by Hellbat
                      Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Saw an interview with Mustaine about the album and he said most of it had already been written before Broderick came along, so he didn't seem to do much of the writing this album, just the playing really... lol I must be pretty lame but I thought the system has failed was a lot better than united abominations, songs were distinctly different in my opinion, and I liked them a bit more... hmph

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                          Well, those two sentences were more loosely tied than you'd think.

First, the comparison of every guitarist to Friedman pisses the living shit out of me. Not one guitarist who appeared on an album was bad, Poland won't be imitated by Young nor Friedman nor Drover, neither will Drover by Friedman and others, and so on. You get the idea. This crawling up Friedman's ass just pisses me off. Not one lead guitarist made a truly piss-poor attempt.

I also didn't mean it was because of them that Megadeth started going downhill, but simply with them onboard. However, I do have to say that it wasn't that Mustaine had full dominance over the music.

Just to clear things up. Just in case
                          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by ZaeYeL View Post
                            I must be pretty lame but I thought the system has failed was a lot better than united abominations, songs were distinctly different in my opinion, and I liked them a bit more... hmph
                            I thought both albums were a little lame, but I liked UA just a tiny bit better.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not sure what to think of this. Never see a review this good for a megs release.
                              I am a big fan of the the RIP peace stuff and actually like UA. TSHF was ok to me, definitely better than risk or twnah.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/me...track-preview/

And the whole lineup crap is just that lol. Opinions, everyone has them, so no need to argue. People bash me all the time since I like Jake better than Randy but oh well to each his own.

Comment

Well, those two sentences were more loosely tied than you'd think.

First, the comparison of every guitarist to Friedman pisses the living shit out of me. Not one guitarist who appeared on an album was bad, Poland won't be imitated by Young nor Friedman nor Drover, neither will Drover by Friedman and others, and so on. You get the idea. This crawling up Friedman's ass just pisses me off. Not one lead guitarist made a truly piss-poor attempt.

I also didn't mean it was because of them that Megadeth started going downhill, but simply with them onboard. However, I do have to say that it wasn't that Mustaine had full dominance over the music.

Just to clear things up. Just in case
                                Yep, "Risk" (perfect name) was an attempt at radio since it worked for Metallica. So he prolly wanted to give it a whack..he won't do that again.

That's the only Megadeth cd I refuse to own. I bought it and dumped it immediately. That's NOT a Megadeth cd IMO! It's a piece of shit!

Comment

Working...
                                X